Don't know if anyone has seen this (1 Viewer)

MJ in Calif

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
What do you know, PI can be called on a fake punt, I guess it depends. More evidence that NFL officials don't know the rules and continue to embarrass themselves with one error after another. And for whatever reason, their bumbling always seems to involve us.

More evidence that NFL officials don't know the rules and continue to embarrass themselves with one error after another. And for whatever reason, their bumbling always seems to involve us.

We had another thread on this. This receiver came from inside the Gunner so it was PI.

It’s really not. If it didn’t exist, it would be a guaranteed DPI on any fake punt. It makes perfect sense to me
Not to me. So the rule is saying you can interfere with the gunner if he is the intended target but not any other receiver if he's on the inside of the gunner. Sorry that makes no sense to me. You can still guarantee DPI on the fake punt as long as the intended receiver is not the gunner.

It’s really not. If it didn’t exist, it would be a guaranteed DPI on any fake punt. It makes perfect sense to me

It was buddy Ryan rule. When he was in a bad spot it a game would use it to get a fresh set of downs never even intending to complete the pass.

That is why it exists.

Not to me. So the rule is saying you can interfere with the gunner if he is the intended target but not any other receiver if he's on the inside of the gunner. Sorry that makes no sense to me. You can still guarantee DPI on the fake punt as long as the intended receiver is not the gunner.
Hardee should have known this rule in the NFC Champ game last year then and just bumped, interfered with the Rams Gunner on their Fake Punt attempt. Instead of turning and playing for the return block.

Not gonna blame the refs for a bone headed mistake sp made. That's an easy out for him and special teams. He outsmarts himself sometimes being aggressive.

There isn't any point in this anymore, the leauge has made it clear, its going to have enough rules to screw over the fans whenever it wants, and not enough rules to screw over the fans whenever they want. and if you call them out on it, they will just relentlessness flag you for everything to show you who's really in charge. I have no respect for the league, the ref's or anything related to the NFL anymore. I was going to go see the Saints in Vegas next year, now, I'm not gonna even bother, i'll take the money and take the wife to Disneyworld instead.

Regardless it was holding for 40 frickin yards! Should've been a first down and the drive continues....

Yep I could see belichick exposing the heck outta of that if it didn't exist.

When buddy Ryan was the eagles coach he got away with it so much in one season they made the rule.

Buddy was a super jerk of a coach. When you had a good punt return guy he would call the Polish punt.

The Polish punt was you line up 14 guys intentionally so you get no return but only give up an additional 5 yards added to the end of the nonexistent return.

He was known during goal line defense if he was at the five or so would send out 14 players three extra linebackers and clobber the crap out of the QB or rb and just give up two and a half yards.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom