Don't Lecture US on defeat we are NOLA !! (1 Viewer)

Kingston

All-Pro
Reaction score
Ten years ago I lost everything I had. Job gone. Life gone. Trees smashed into my house, Sheetrock with water lines getting picked up on I-10 and going to Sabien Pass/Hempill Texas for 3 months.

Their were job offers and other things in other places but no crawfish and no Saints.

I decided to stick it out. Called FEMA, the good folks at State Farm and renewed my Saints seats. Went to Baton Rouge watched the saints get beat down in the open air.

Then came that blocked punt in 2006. I believed not just in my team but my hometown again it motivated me made me commit to not pack it in and move to Houston or Atlanta but to fight on and replant that flag.

I did then and I am glad I did today. I owe the saints for that. They gave me faith when I had none. They gave me hope when I had none but today I don't depend on them to know my city is great because I KNOW IT IS!

Tomorrow I will wake up and go to my job, I will cut my grass this weekend, I will watch LSU without Les Miles, I will eat some gumbo and grab some south east Louisiana dirt when I plant some orange trees this weekend because of the god da$$ Saints.

They are why I am here, they are why I have the life I have today.

I don't need them ANY more to have that life but I OWE THEM FOR THAT LIFE.

I didn't quit on my city then, they didn't quit on us and we shouldn't quit on our team now. They might not win as much any more but we/I and what is left of us owe them our support.

That team gave me the faith to believe that I don't need them to win for this city to be great. This city is great because it is great. Loosing games can't take it away today in the hear and now but it could have in 2006.

New Orleans owes this team.

If not for them I am in Texas or God knows where else missing home. I owe them that they kept me here but here I am and here we are at 0-3 so do we quit now?

If you would have told me that ten years later, we'd be talking about trying to get to another Super Bowl during a down season, I'd take it.
I think people forget how far this franchise has advanced.
A decade ago, this was in the same class as the Jaguars, Browns, Titans, and Lions. Not anymore.

If you would have told me that ten years later, we'd be talking about trying to get to another Super Bowl during a down season, I'd take it.
I think people forget how far this franchise has advanced.
A decade ago, this was in the same class as the Jaguars, Browns, Titans, and Lions. Not anymore.

It is what I don't get now I am angry that that era is closing but we tasted that era. We belong this city belongs this team belongs.

We were so close to being nothing and it is Brees Payton Reggie Bush in the first round that have this team and many of us here today.

We can walk the walk in our own right because we earned that right thanks to the saints and the economic mirical that is New Orleans.

We got here and they got here lets get back there not pack it in and quit.

I'd love for someone to tell me how a team can be successful with all the injuries we've had.

That fact is pretty much being ignored tonight other than by a few.

But my answer is... You can't!

Instead, let's blame Payton, for example. I mean, it's Payton's fault they are injured, right? Added, Payton should either be able to magically heal these injured players, or pull all-pro replacements that know the system out of his butt.

/sarcasm.

I will not blaming them for the injuries

Instead, let's blame Payton, for example. I mean, it's Payton's fault they are injured, right? Added, Payton should either be able to magically heal these injured players, or pull all-pro replacements that know the system out of his butt.

/sarcasm.

no one can control that. However you can't excuse them for the BAD personnel decisions that have gotten us into this mess.

no one can control that. However you can't excuse them for the BAD personnel decisions that have gotten us into this mess.

like signing Brees & Sharper, finding crazy Good OL in late rounds, drafting Colston in the 7th, bringing in Greer and Lewis ?? Trading for Vilma ? No u guys focus on the Byrd, the Browner, the Stanley Jean Baptist......... u hit some u miss some, that's all you need to know.

People always focus on the negatives. Ask someone to write about bad moments they had in their life, you'll get a book. Ask them about good moments, you will get 1 page.

/sarcasm.

I think people don't realize how hard it is for a team to win ONE superbowl during salary cap era, in the NFC. Dynasties don't really exist. Even the patriots the have so much scandals there legacy is semiv tarnished.

I think people don't realize how hard it is for a team to win ONE superbowl during salary cap era, in the NFC. Dynasties don't really exist. Even the patriots the have so much scandals there legacy is semiv tarnished.

I can't discredit the Patriots. They are the best dynasty ever. But I do agree with your other points. The Ravens took 16 years before returning to the Super Bowl and beating the 49ers in their first appearance in nearly 30 years. The Bucs and Raiders are in purgatory. The Panthers had about a decade between Super Bowl appearances. The Eagles had their first Super Bowl appearance in decades. The Seahawks had a stretch between XL and XLVIII. The Bears one playoff run in a decade ended in a loss at the championship. The Cardinals? That was their one shot, stopped by the Steelers. The Saints won in '09 and had a hopeful run end in '11. The Packers had 1 Super Bowl appearance in the past 15 years. The Broncos had their appearances and 1 championship since the late '90s.

In that span, only the Patriots (4), Steelers (2), Giants (2), and Ravens (2) have had multiple championships since '01. And the Colts (2, 1-1), Seahawks (1, 1-2), Panthers (0-2) have multiple appearances with only one or no championships.

The point? Just getting there is tough. And note, this leaves notable franchises like Washington, Cowboys, Vikings, Dolphins, 49ers, Raiders, and others with no championships this century.

I can't discredit the Patriots. They are the best dynasty ever. But I do agree with your other points. The Ravens took 16 years before returning to the Super Bowl and beating the 49ers in their first appearance in nearly 30 years. The Bucs and Raiders are in purgatory. The Panthers had about a decade between Super Bowl appearances. The Eagles had their first Super Bowl appearance in decades. The Seahawks had a stretch between XL and XLVIII. The Bears one playoff run in a decade ended in a loss at the championship. The Cardinals? That was their one shot, stopped by the Steelers. The Saints won in '09 and had a hopeful run end in '11. The Packers had 1 Super Bowl appearance in the past 15 years. The Broncos had their appearances and 1 championship since the late '90s.

In that span, only the Patriots (4), Steelers (2), Giants (2), and Ravens (2) have had multiple championships since '01. And the Colts (2, 1-1), Seahawks (1, 1-2), Panthers (0-2) have multiple appearances with only one or no championships.

The point? Just getting there is tough. And note, this leaves notable franchises like Washington, Cowboys, Vikings, Dolphins, 49ers, Raiders, and others with no championships this century.

You said everthing I wanted to say but better. For the patriots I meant the are the only dynasty but deflate and spygate will always suface with some fans and critics.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom