"Don't let ESPN steal your focus. This is what Saints fans need to be focused on." By: Martin Allen (@SaintsDigest) (1 Viewer)

D. Flowers

Veteran
Reaction score
The Saints may have had the worst off season of any team in recent history, after being involved in the Bountygate scandal, which robbed the team of its head coach (Sean Payton) and it’s defensive leader (Jonathan Vilma) for the entire 2012 season, as well as it’s GM, Assistant HC, D-line Coach, and it’s best D lineman (Will Smith) for varying periods of the upcoming season.

I promise that the previous paragraph will be the last mention of Bountygate. Let’s move forward.

Edited for length and copyright violation. Please tease and link article next time.

Last edited:
Wait. There's still a Saints Digest? Or is this just someone's twitter handle or something?

Maybe not but with Toon looking like a Jimmy Graham type steal in the draft I feel comfortable with the recievers we have.

not sure I can go as far to call Toon a Jimmy Graham type still after only a rookie minicamp under his belt. Things are looking up and he looks like a great prospect in this offense, but that is a BIG statement there.

not sure i can go so far as to call Arrington an "amazing talent"

This. An "amazing talent" would be Calvin Johnson. The word "amazing" is just thrown around willy nilly these days.

Also Ben Grubbs is the second best guard in the league? I love some Grubbs but that's a stretch by any measure.

Well thanks for quelling my excitement guys. Nothing wrong with feeling optimistic especially considering this roller coaster offseason.Bottom line though you never know,but I'm excited about our prospects.

Toon is gonna be good. A great route runner , big body and faster than the 40 time suggest.

Well thanks for quelling my excitement guys. Nothing wrong with feeling optimistic especially considering this roller coaster offseason.Bottom line though you never know,but I'm excited about our prospects.

No don't take it like that bro. I promise we're just as excited as you! You're right, nothing wrong with feeling optimistic. I just don't think AA should be considered an amazing talent.

BTW I have really high hope for Toon as well.

no problem - we're all working off the offseason rust
and when AA wins the NFCCG mvp i'll be driving up to hartsville (i think that's what your location said) with a case of abita

i never cared about what ESPN had to say 5 years ago much less today

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom