don't let sunday come on to quick (1 Viewer)

kevin from buffalo

SR is my life!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
to my dad..thanks for teaching me how to change up the oil on the truck that you bought me when i was just 17. peace to you for putting my fingers on a baseball when i was young..taught me how too slide off a split finger fastball. taught me how to treat a woman. he sat by my mothers bedside..morning..noon and night. held her hand up until the day she died.

i wonder why i am posting this..he can't read or write anymore..we put him in a home two years ago..he calls me Keith when i call..i'm Kevin..my brother voice is much more soft than mine. we let it go..chalk it up as the cycle of life.

hope you folks that live away from your paps find the time to give a hello..a salute to the main man that produced you.

waylon jennings between fathers and sons.wmv - YouTube

Recently my mother-in-law passed away (8 months ago). She had struggled with Alzheimer's for several years before her death. It was terrible watching her decline and the effect that it had on my wife and sister-in-law. Thank goodness she is in a better place now.

Not sure if that is what you are going through... but if it is, try and focus on the good memories. Remember him for the person he was and not what he has become because of age or disease. God bless you and your Dad!

Not entirely certain on your situation, or what the title means for that matter... but assuming the content of your post is implying that he is suffering from Alzheimer's then you should look into MCT oil supplementation which is showing some form of promise as helping with decreasing memory in those with Alzheimer's.

Just wanted to pass the info along in case it may help in any way. Cheers.

Can't change the oil on a vehicle, but I can change it on my generator.

That should be a song. Copyright available for a fee.

Can't change the oil on a vehicle, but I can change it on my generator.

That should be a song. Copyright available for a fee.

one thing i ask of you..is never undersale. i'm sorry that i missed you when i came to nola.for some reason,i forgot to get your cell number.the places that you told us to be directed to where better than my sister suggested.

sometimes..somehow..the suggest is the same..but not with you.

hey mah..you are my TPS

let me know when you want to jet off on the rocket.

My dad has been on a gradual decline. I first noticed his mental decline about 5 years ago. His mother died of Alzheimer's more than 20 years ago and he still refuses to say the word. Since January, he has progressed downward significantly. It took his PCP a long time to refer him out.

I'm afraid that within a couple years, that he may have to be "put in a home."
I would much rather that the home be that of a family member than of a corporate entity. With 7 other siblings (2 of which have been given primary decision making), it makes things more complicated.

My next toast will to our Dads.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom