Dont look now but Memphis is losing to UAB (1 Viewer)

Saintman2884

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
70-68 UAB, come on Blazers lets show what Alabama b-ball can do.

If we could do this, MY God it would make me so proud of my state at this moment.

WE would have beaten the #1 team in the country

This is the second time this week I'm reminded of Josh Booty.

Hey Memphis has not lost a game this year jazz. this would be a huge upset if it were to happen and make me on cloud nine about an Alabama team beating the #1 in the country

I'm, speechless, was that a foul on the UAB player before he shot the ball? Man that crowd looked ****** and even tried to fight the other teams players as they left the court.

something was screwy in the last 6.5 seconds guys. did the UAB player get fouled as he shot the ball or did the refs screw up on the call?

Either UAB choked or Memphis got away with one here people

hey saintman: let me just get it straight.
you are an auburn tiger.
you are a south albama jaguar.
and you are a UAB Blazer?

that must get confusing at times.

fail.jpg

:D

Univ_Memphis.gif

I thought Wake Forest would be Duke.

That means Saturday we are going to see #1 v. #3

Losing to Wake was so disappointing. Still, we still lead the ACC by a game over UNC, so all is not lost. But this game did show what I had thought all along. Duke is going to be in major trouble in the tournament if we have a game like last night where our shooters are all off and the other team is bigger and more physical than us. Only two Blue Devils - Demarcus Nelson and Nolan Smith - had decent games last night. Everyone else was completely off shooting. If that happens at the wrong time - and it will - Duke won't have a prayer. You just can't win the big games without any big men.

As much as I hate to say it, losing to Tennessee could be the best thing to happen to Memphis this season if they do drop the game. I don't want them to go into the Big Dance without a loss.....seems to me that'd be the proverbial kiss of death.

I've been following the U of M and Memphis sports scene for about 8 years now and this is by far the most excited the city has been in a while...even moreso than when the Grizz came to town...

I'm hoping Louisville lands in the Memphis bracket.
I miss that rivalry once the Cards went to the BE.
ahhh the old metro days.........Remember elliot perry dome?

I have tried to get some tickets to the game. Cheapest I could find down in the lower bowl was $850.
Forget that.
And upper deck is $200. No way for a basketball game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom