Don't Look Now, But Vanderbilt is 16-0 (1 Viewer)

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Okay, so Vandy was 5-7 this year in football. Not great, but anyone who knows anything about the SEC knows that is actually pretty solid for the Commodores.

Vanderbilt was also #1 for most of the 2007 NCAA baseball season.

And in men's hoops - Vandy has started the 07-08 season with 16 straight wins, a school record. They are currently #12 in the nation, leading the SEC and looking solid.

This is the school with 7,000 undergrads that disbanded its athletic department in the name of promoting the "student" component of "student athlete" managing to not only hold its own in the SEC, but actually carry the banner in some of the top sports while also giving the conference genuine academic credibility.

Go Vandy.

(just a reminder - fans of the football-centric conference sometimes pose the question of whether Vanderbilt belongs. the question is resoundingly - 'yes')

Well my boys here at South are 12-3 and have won 9 games in a row. Most people in Mobile in the past have not taken notice of the Jags but I think we can make a solid March Madness run. We are winning games at a rapid clip, in fact I think we can go farther with Ronnie Arrow then we did with Pelphrey. Arrow is the type of guy who makes winners out of teams where ever he goes.

Yep, the Jags looking solid. (Of course one of those L's was to Vandy ;))

Double OT I may add too, superchuck. I know a buddy of mine who was at the game that told me that even the Vandy players were impressed by how we played. We could have reasonably won that game if a few baskets go our way

I smell an SEC title!

With Kentucky sucking and Florida now anothet team, Vandy and Tennessee are basically the only decent SEC hoops team.

Vandy and Tennessee are basically the only decent SEC hoops team.

Ole Miss is ranked #19, 13 - 1, beat Clemson at a neutral site and just took Tennessee, in Knoxville, the final shot of the game. They were up 82 - 78, but lost 82 - 84

This is gonna be a weird SEC hoops season with Kentucky and Florida falling on hard times.

BTW, Vandy is going to crush Kentucky on Saturday (NEVER have I thought I would say that)

Ole Miss is ranked #19, 13 - 1, beat Clemson at a neutral site and just took Tennessee, in Knoxville, the final shot of the game. They were up 82 - 78, but lost 82 - 84

The Rebels made a believer out of me tonight. they made a real strong run late in the game. But Tennessee just has so much depth that they are going to beat most people in the last 2 minutes or so.
The comments of the Ole Miss coach were pretty funny after the game when he was talking about all his grown men crying in the locker room.

Hey now, just because the Rebs lost tonight doesn't mean you can take them out of the picture yet!!

The Rebels made a believer out of me tonight. they made a real strong run late in the game. But Tennessee just has so much depth that they are going to beat most people in the last 2 minutes or so.
The comments of the Ole Miss coach were pretty funny after the game when he was talking about all his grown men crying in the locker room.

Tennessee made their shots to end the game and Ole Miss didn't. In that final 6 - 0 Tennessee run that gave Tenn the win UM had a number of opportunities, including that 5 offensive rebound series right under the basket, and just couldn't sink a shot. Warren took a terrible shot too and then Kenny Williams misses the free throw. Tennessee on the other hand hit their shots. Just how it is.

Tennessee is a legit National Championship contender though, so i'm hopeful and optomistic, I think last night, even though we lost, we proved we had a legitimate Sweet 16 team, so i'm extremely hopeful. Just hope this loss didn't rip our heart out.

Double OT I may add too, superchuck. I know a buddy of mine who was at the game that told me that even the Vandy players were impressed by how we played. We could have reasonably won that game if a few baskets go our way

Without Bonnabel alum Shan Foster they would be .500

Like Charles Barkley says, "I wouldn't be fat if I didn't eat so much."

BTW, Shan Foster is leading the SEC in scoring and likely to become Vanderbilt's all-time leading scorer. The SEC's second leading scorer is a Vandy freshman A.J. Ogilvy, the 6-11 center from Australia.

The SEC is really, really bad in hoops this year. It is wide open for an upstart to take hope the title.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom