Don't meltdown over 1 game (1 Viewer)

ROUSTER

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
C'mon people. First, be proud of this team. They fought hard from start to finish. Turnovers killed us today. You give up 3 and don't get any against a good team on the road and you'll lose most games. It's amazing considering that we gave up 2 70+ yard runs and also gave up 14 pts off of 2 of the TO's with a short field, that we were even close.
The D was disappointing. Mainly the secondary. Up front we played decent. Those 2 huge runs hurt though.
Offensively we were great. We have 1 TO (that wasn't a TO because he never had control of the ball). We had one that RB simply didn't cover up the ball. Turnovers simply kill you.
Also, the huge penalty on Evans when we were driving the ball also hurt.
The Copper fumble hurts simply because it was the final play.

Still I like this team. I don't think we're a Championship team, simply because we don't have a Championship D. But, our offense (if we hold on to the ball) is good enough to keep any game close.

6-3 and still in 1st place in the NFC South.

I agree.

While it sucks to lose and it REALLY sucks to lose due to turnovers I am still impressed and proud of the this team. The sting from the loss quickly faded away when I remembered what life was like the last 3 years for a Saints fan and compared it to the team we have now. 6-3 is damn fine record for this team in it's current phase.

Rome wasn't built in a day. :D

While I think we have as much of a chance as most teams to do deep into the playoffs this year, I must admit I am peeking forward a bit and imagining what
this club will be like with another Payton draft and free agency period under its belt.

Well, to be honest this is a big loss.... This is a win we could of and SHOULD of had, if we want a winning football team, we've got to eliminate mistakes i.e. turnovers the bush fumble was huge... Before he fumbled and after they missed the field goal i thought to myself we got this now.... then the fumble and it all went into the crapper.... On top of that Atlanta lost this was a huge opportunity to put some distance between us and the rest of the NFC south, instead we are still in the same place.... You have to take advantage of opportunities when you get them... Yes you can look at the good side and say we are still 1 game ahead but to be honest thats nothing... This team MUST MUST MUST learn to protect the football if we are going to have a shot at the post season....

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.... this is our worst loss imo all year long... We let Porter get away with his guarentee and proved all of the experts right.... I'm disgusted right now, we had a change to shut everyone up but we failed, i think thats what bothers me the most.

Now cinci is coming in next week, another team desperate for a win, and once again we are the ones to have to face them, will we be trapped yet again?? We shall see, i really hope that Payton has the D ready to play or we could be in for a long game.

What hurt was Joey Porter's guaranteed win statement. It seems like evertime a player on the other team does this we shoot ourselves in the foot. Didn't Carson Palmer say they would roll over us?

Mid season collapse could be upon us.

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.... this is our worst loss imo all year long... We let Porter get away with his guarentee and proved all of the experts right.... I'm disgusted right now, we had a change to shut everyone up but we failed, i think thats what bothers me the most.

I understand your pain - I wanted so badly to watch our guys shut Porter up. I could care less about the media. I'm more amused by them than anything.

The bottomline is, We're Still ALL ALONE in first place, and we STILL control our own destiny with 7 games to go.
Who in this forum would have thought, let alone said that back in August?

This IS A Good team. Be PROUD of them!!!

What hurt was Joey Porter's guaranteed win statement. It seems like evertime a player on the other team does this we shoot ourselves in the foot. Didn't Carson Palmer say they would roll over us?

Wow, that's right; we were doomed today and will be again next week.

C'mon people. First, be proud of this team. They fought hard from start to finish. Turnovers killed us today. You give up 3 and don't get any against a good team on the road and you'll lose most games. It's amazing considering that we gave up 2 70+ yard runs and also gave up 14 pts off of 2 of the TO's with a short field, that we were even close.
The D was disappointing. Mainly the secondary. Up front we played decent. Those 2 huge runs hurt though.
Offensively we were great. We have 1 TO (that wasn't a TO because he never had control of the ball). We had one that RB simply didn't cover up the ball. Turnovers simply kill you.
Also, the huge penalty on Evans when we were driving the ball also hurt.
The Copper fumble hurts simply because it was the final play.

Still I like this team. I don't think we're a Championship team, simply because we don't have a Championship D. But, our offense (if we hold on to the ball) is good enough to keep any game close.

6-3 and still in 1st place in the NFC South.

what he said

Are you sure the collaspe that could be upon us isn't your faith in these Saints... That is, if you ever really believed in them at all?

Don't hate me for being realistic. I'm not a fan of blind faith. I was saying last week that we were going to lose this week and I got canned for it. Everyone knows the history of this franchise and its mid season collapses. Forgive me for being realistic about the situation that is all too familiar.

I predict a loss next week too by the way.

We're all behind the home team.. we're just venting a little frustration. 6-3 isn't bad at all for a team that was supposed to win no more than 4 games.

But the obvious... you don't win when you turn the ball over and not get any turnovers for yourself.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom