Don't Panic (1 Viewer)

I'm not panicking because our team sucks..but because we should be 1-0 right now.. the Raiders are a really good team. Top 10 team.. and we blew it.. we could have started with a burst of energy.. but we blew it.

Answer this for me.

The day our defense becomes good. (Yeah, yeah, "Like that'll ever happen take off the rose colored glasses")

What do you expect? Do you expect BAM! Good defense? Like one season we're terrible, the next we're solid? No kinks? No blown coverage, missed tackles leading to long touchdown runs along the way?

Basically, is there a reality you can imagine where the road to us finally not being so awful on defense...includes games like today?

Someone? Anyone care to take this?

Someone? Anyone care to take this?

Yeah, I'll bite. Not a single team gave up more points, so far, than us.

I don't expect us in 1 year to be the Seahawks or Titans on D.

But if we were even just the 28th best D we would have won. If we were even the 30th best D we would have won.

So while no, I don't expect us to turn it totally around in 1 year, I do expect progress. To be better than at least 1 team defensively.

I agree, that was bad luck and we haven't been good with kickers lately. We should go like 9-7 this year.

Answer this for me.

The day our defense becomes good. (Yeah, yeah, "Like that'll ever happen take off the rose colored glasses")

What do you expect? Do you expect BAM! Good defense? Like one season we're terrible, the next we're solid? No kinks? No blown coverage, missed tackles leading to long touchdown runs along the way?

Basically, is there a reality you can imagine where the road to us finally not being so awful on defense...includes games like today?

Not when the 480+ yard performance is the norm every game. It's just bad defense, bad defense, bad defense. In order to progress, there has to be, you know, progress.

Most of the good defensive stops were Raiders dropping passes they should have caught, or Carr missing a wide open receiver.

So many tears. I wonder what the board would look like if that last kick went through...

The same ***** would just say we won despite coach Payton, will lutz, or the defense. This place has gotten to the point where optimism is an offense. Quite ridiculous,
I'm assuming most of them didn't follow us pre-2006, which ironically enough is when the coach they all want axed came on board.

****' em.

Yeah, I'll bite. Not a single team gave up more points, so far, than us.

I don't expect us in 1 year to be the Seahawks or Titans on D.

But if we were even just the 28th best D we would have won. If we were even the 30th best D we would have won.

So while no, I don't expect us to turn it totally around in 1 year, I do expect progress. To be better than at least 1 team defensively.

Nice. Nice and vague.

But you did mention progress.

So that's where the next game and the next game comes in.

Also, need to hope and pray that Delvin Breaux isn't going to miss a lot of time. Our defensive woes, specifically covering Crabtree, directly coincided with Breaux's injury, whatever it was.

Not when the 480+ yard performance is the norm every game. It's just bad defense, bad defense, bad defense. In order to progress, there has to be, you know, progress.

Most of the good defensive stops were Raiders dropping passes they should have caught, or Carr missing a wide open receiver.

But that's just he thing, several new players on our defense, some new position coaches. A whole new scheme. Plus, our best player got hurt. You seem to measure progress by INSTANTLY being better than than before.

There isn't any time to progress because if the 1st game is anything like last year (which it was, it certainly was, but mostly after Breaux got hurt), then we're no better at all?

I'm not just ready to throw in the towel just yet.

I am disappointed in the total lack of a pass rush though. Our guys can only bullrush or try to rip. We need some speed...

:plus-un2:I see it like you.....I guess we're either some of the few that see the glass half full? Or we have faith? Or we're simply true die hards that support the Saints win , lose or draw? Either way, I'm thankful to find one post where people aren't leaving the board, saying we're the worst team ever, that we have the worst coach and sorriest defense, etc. I hope they all get burnt out and leave this site, because I thought it was for talking about and sharing info about our beloved Saints? But, obviously for some they come on here and follow the Saints to fulfill something missing in their lives and need happiness from somewhere other than God and themselves? I think it's going to be a good season.
This is a young team. Yes we lost, but I saw a lot of promise. Game probably would have ended differently if Breaux hadn't gone out. Our young D gave up some big plays towards the end, and that's what killed us, but they'll improve. This team will be ok, and be better than .500 at the end of the season.

So..the elephant in the room. Lost 1st game of the season= no playoffs this year. Anyone sees different?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Answer this for me.

I'll have a go at this. I expect this young defense, missing Rankins and Kikaha, to go through growing pains.

A new MLB. A new WLB. A new SLB. A new WDE. A new NT. A new 3tech. A new #2/#3/#4 CB.

I expect mistakes. I expect flashes of really good defense. I expect flashes of really bad defense. And I expect total games of both as well.

I expect the offense to be so good that other teams come into a Saints game with their playbook open, ready to do things like go for two late in the game, on the road. I expect the Saints to stop 50% of those.

Basically, I expect exactly what we saw today. A young team that is going to have to learn how to win, especially on the defensive side of the ball. They don't have to be shut down. They just have to make a few plays at the right time.

Sadly, they did just that today, and got jobbed.

Yeah it just feels like the same team as the last 2 7-9 teams. But I do feel like the offense is better. Last year we had to fight to get to 7-9, this year we will wont have to fight as hard.

My biggest question is, why after an entire game of Paul Kruger not sniffing Carr did we not see Edebali who could not have been much worse.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom