Don't Panic (2 Viewers)

billinms

Tiptoeing Through the Tulips
Reaction score
This is a young team. Yes we lost, but I saw a lot of promise. Game probably would have ended differently if Breaux hadn't gone out. Our young D gave up some big plays towards the end, and that's what killed us, but they'll improve. This team will be ok, and be better than .500 at the end of the season.

Oh stop. This was a 100% continuation from last year. We are basically playing a 33 game season. Offense is good, defense lets us down. Business as usual.

Oh stop. This was a 100% continuation from last year. We are basically playing a 33 game season. Offense is good, defense lets us down. Business as usual.

Yeah this. Same story, different year. No pass rush, no run defense, another year of Saints football under Payton. When we REALLY needed stops from the D, they gave us nothing. I'm so fed up.

Yeah, just stop. Defense sucks, period. Same story, different season.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Are you saying we're going to make the playoffs and lose in round one?

The same thing has been happening for at least 3 years. How many years before it is ok to panic?

Yeah this. Same story, different year. No pass rush, no run defense, another year of Saints football under Payton. When we REALLY needed stops from the D, they gave us nothing. I'm so fed up.

We got a stop on 4th down and all we had to do was run out the clock...

Then the ref threw a flag. Really late too.

This is a young team. Yes we lost, but I saw a lot of promise. Game probably would have ended differently if Breaux hadn't gone out. Our young D gave up some big plays towards the end, and that's what killed us, but they'll improve. This team will be ok, and be better than .500 at the end of the season.

At the end? They gave up 500 yards. It took a whole game of running up and down the field to accumulate those numbers. It really felt like we were winning yet we were tied. It is as if last year just carried on. No pass rush, Byrd a non factor, and the rest of the defense either invisible or being beaten like a rug. Oh well....it wasn't as if it was a hard one to call.

I'm afraid your right on the money with this comment. And to the OP, I stopped panicking with this team years ago and just accepted the fact that we're not a good team. The offense will be entertaining and will win us a few games. The defense hasn't changed a bit.

I'm not panicking. The Saints did what I expected. This team has a philosophy problem. We go into every game expecting to have to outscore the other team. The truth is that while we can score, our offense isn't balanced enough to score and control the flow of the game (i.e. time of possession; timely scoring and field position). I love Sean Payton for all that he does for us, but he just can't bring himself to be bothered to build a team to play defense. It just isn't his makeup.

We will be lucky to win more than 4 games this season. Also, tying up all of that money in Brees will come back to haunt us. If we are going to rebuild, then we need to stop @##$%@! around and do it already. We are wasting time and opportunities.

Answer this for me.

The day our defense becomes good. (Yeah, yeah, "Like that'll ever happen take off the rose colored glasses")

What do you expect? Do you expect BAM! Good defense? Like one season we're terrible, the next we're solid? No kinks? No blown coverage, missed tackles leading to long touchdown runs along the way?

Basically, is there a reality you can imagine where the road to us finally not being so awful on defense...includes games like today?

So many tears. I wonder what the board would look like if that last kick went through...

This. Exactly this.

We go into NY next week. Against another very good offensive team in the Giants. You think Carr shredded this defense, you think the Giants will be any better.

Eli with ODB and time like that, forget about it.

I expect another shoot out, and us not being able to keep up, especially in their stadium. Realistically we could very easily go 1-7, and that's counting us beating the clowns, which won't be easy by any stretch of the imagination.

Look at our schedule, it is rough. I thought maybe if we got this win, maybe we can get some momentum and do okay at first, that chance is in the dust.

Over .500? Highly, HIGHLY unlikely. We will most likely be in the top five draft picks next year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom