Don't quit your day job Jason Witten (1 Viewer)

TenTwo

local shortstop
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yea and tessitore tried to jinx Lutz on one of his field goal attempts. These guys are collectively trash as announcers.

I caught that last night. Between that and him wrongly accusing Ingram of yelling because he didn't like a playcall by Payton, I got the feeling that he was just making stuff up, as the game went on.

Tessitore is a boxing announcer trying to do football. Witten is about as bad as Bobby Hebert behind a mic, just without the accent. McFarland was much better behind the desk at SEC Network than spouting off speculative horse-hockey about the game.

And to think people way back when would complain about Dandy Don, Cosell and Gifford? They'd be a welcome change from this bunch.

They had better give Witten A LOT of lessons from now to next season. I get it that not everyone can just step into that job like Romo or Aikman can but damn he's just bad at it right now.

If this continues next season, they'll all be gone imo. ESPN is the worst primetime network in the country. NBC is leaps and bounds better.

I caught that last night. Between that and him wrongly accusing Ingram of yelling because he didn't like a playcall by Payton, I got the feeling that he was just making stuff up, as the game went on.
I’m interested to know what Ingram was upset about then. I thought the same thing the announcers did. I thought Ingram yelled, “Stop running that (crap)!!!”

I wish they would just end color commentating period. Just call the game...and if you want to talk about stuff other than what is going on the field, do it like Romo and don't be afraid to get technical and share football knowledge.

Particularly with prime time games, I think networks try to dumb down the football stuff, drum up a bunch of drama, and get all into the "personal" stories of the players, teams, etc....I suppose because their audience consists of more than just fans of sport.

Also, team bias is sickening....would love to get an announcing crew that doesn't feel like they need to suck up to the largest market share, or isn't an x-member of the team we are playing.

at this point, I'd be cool with them replacing the whole crew with the And 1 play by play guy. I'd rather hear "OH BABY!" after every play than whatever Witten is trying to say.

"don't quit your day job"

Well... unfortunately for anyone with ears, that is his day job.

At least for 2 more weeks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom