Don't take your foot off the gas pedal! (1 Viewer)

ktbarthedoor

All-Pro
Reaction score
Drew was red-hot after the first three drives...then we started running for two yards a pop. Seems so un-Payton-like.

Not whining...I'm happy with the win, but it sure looked like we had the Ferrari warmed up and ready to roar.

picnicwithfish

Geaux SAINTS!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
would of, could of, should of. i do agree that the saints need to put these games away early if for nothing more than my health. games like these killlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll me but make it so worth it in the end.

thefifthwall

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I agree why take the ball out of Drew's hand and put it in the hands of the RB's

SaintsIn2009

BRING THE WOOD!!!
Reaction score
Yeah, I said this too to a friend of mine. Seems when Payton started to call run plays the offense seemed to lose it's sync. Then it took a lil bit for Reggie to get involved too late in the game and really is what gave the Cowboys a shot a beating us.

seagull

2010 World Champions
Reaction score
Foot was still on the gas, one pass hit Reggie in the, ended drive and he dropped the other, that would have been 6.

LaSaints

Reaction score
i think sp knows what he is doing, if you ask me i'd say he is dialed in to an upcoming monday nite game. and what about 3g? these two guys are burning hell, how would you like to be the coordintors on the other side getting ready for them? weapons baby weapons, and we got em?

Saint Jeremy

SR is my life!
Reaction score
Maybe the Saints ran out of gas because of the short week?

gpupil

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
The same thing happened last week. It's like the entire team relaxes when they get a big lead, and then let the other team climb back into it.

Beast

Former Camp Beast
Reaction score
The best thing about this game is that it will give them better chances to continue coaching.. It could have been a blowout win, after which the coaches would have probably had a harder time getting guys to focus on things they need to work on.. But with the game ending up a close one, they'll be able to get the team's attention better I believe.. Usually this happens after a loss.. But with a close, hard-fought win in a game that almost slipped away, I think it will happen as well..

ACCOUNTNOLONGERINUSE

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
The best thing about this game is that it will give them better chances to continue coaching.. It could have been a blowout win, after which the coaches would have probably had a harder time getting guys to focus on things they need to work on.. But with the game ending up a close one, they'll be able to get the team's attention better I believe.. Usually this happens after a loss.. But with a close, hard-fought win in a game that almost slipped away, I think it will happen as well..

Agreed.

Skeeno

Thank you, Breesus!
Reaction score
The same thing happened last week. It's like the entire team relaxes when they get a big lead, and then let the other team climb back into it.

...and then when the other team finally scores to go ahead, the Saints offense finally pulls their head out and marches down the field and scores. Makes watching nerve racking. Why can't all games be Saints blowout victories?

swordstrike

Reaction score
I agree why take the ball out of Drew's hand and put it in the hands of the RB's

Im all for putting it in Ivorys hands though, maybe even rushing with Bush who seems to pick up nice yards when he actually does get it.

BreesusSaves

MAAAARK INGRAM
Reaction score
Looking at past history... 17 point leads are like a curse for the Saints.

If there is a game I'd want to see the Saints absolutely demolish a team this year, it is going to be in Atlanta. I'd love to see the Saints just clobber Atlanta in a way that makes the Patriots/Titans game of last season look like a close game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom