Don't think Bush is important to our O? (1 Viewer)

I hope all these people gang tackling Bush enjoyed that NFC Championship run.

His punt returns? Not so much. :1zhelp:

ARE YOU KIDDING???

Did you not SEE the times that the Eagles shanked the punt for a net of 15 or 23 yards solely because they were trying to avoid kicking it to Reggie?

Those were literally game-changers.

Reggie (when healthy) is worth his weight in gold to this team. But just because his contributions can't be measured in "fantasy points" or don't always show up on the stats sheet its as if they're rendered meaningless to some fans.

I don't get that - the dude helps us. That's good enough for me.

AND his playing!!!!!!!! He's mediocre and if he is on the sidelines the Saint's are not a weaker team for it. That is a problem.

Kris
wait..what? How did the Saints do in the season he missed the fewest games? How have they done since?

I don't see why anyone would have a problem with him at this point.

We aren't force feeding him. We aren't leaning on him to win games. We are simply using him to make us an even better team. He does a lot on offense that is positive even when he doesn't touch the ball.

That doesn't make him a good runner, but he's valuable none the less.

He isn't valuable!

Maurice Morris or Samkon Gado are better players than him! they would open things up for our offense more so than Bush! the only reason why defenses respect Reggie is because of college reputation!

:smilielol:

Let's clear up the shanked punt thing:

Sav Rocca is horrible at directional punts. Always has been, probably always will be. They could have just asked him to not kick it straight and it'd have likely gone off the side of his foot. He wasn't trying to pooch punt, which is how you get those "regular" 25-35 yarders, he was trying to do something he's not very good at and wound up with poor results for it.

But when you think about it, doesn't that sound familiar?

I noticed the D biting on his fakes and when he would motion they would audible or shift coverage toward him. He also had a very good day pass blocking. That being said if his production continues to be so inconsistent how long will teams continue to game plan for him?

I don't see why anyone would have a problem with him at this point.

We aren't force feeding him. We aren't leaning on him to win games. We are simply using him to make us an even better team. He does a lot on offense that is positive even when he doesn't touch the ball.

That doesn't make him a good runner, but he's valuable none the less.

exactly. maybe the big paycheck, but I don't have a problem with that as long as that person is making plays and we are winning. which he is.

That being said if his production continues to be so inconsistent how long will teams continue to game plan for him?

if they stop game planning for him we get 70 yard TD receptions like Chris Johnson and Darren Sproles. Nobody even covered those guys on Sunday lol.

ooOO a CBB reference, nice.

I see your point, but I'll also say that it was a great fake by Brees and block confusion given forth by our O-Line. Yesterday was a complete team effort. That's what was so impressive about hanging a 40-burger on one of the leagues best D's. Or so we thought.

You have no problem giving credit to everyone on that play besides Bush, that says something about your opinion to me.:idunno:

Let's clear up the shanked punt thing:

Sav Rocca is horrible at directional punts. Always has been, probably always will be. They could have just asked him to not kick it straight and it'd have likely gone off the side of his foot. He wasn't trying to pooch punt, which is how you get those "regular" 25-35 yarders, he was trying to do something he's not very good at and wound up with poor results for it.

But when you think about it, doesn't that sound familiar?

If it wasn't for the threat that Reggie brings, they wouldn't have worried about trying something Rocca isn't good at.

You just made the point that Reggie affected the kicks because he was back there. Thx.:ezbill:

if they stop game planning for him we get 70 yard TD receptions like Chris Johnson and Darren Sproles. Nobody even covered those guys on Sunday lol.

Yeah, but DC's gameplan them just like they do Reggie........right?:jpshakehead:

Whatever. I'm not saying they don't. But when it comes to Reggie, we grasp for straws in order to prove his worth to the team. Do we do that with any other player? No.

Reggie's 25-yard reception along the sideline with YAC was more impressive to me because that set up a TD before the half. That plus his tremendous blocking yesterday proved that Reggie belonged on the field.

His punt returns? Not so much. :1zhelp:

I didn't think the point of the thread was grasping for straws. One of the things you see with defenses reacting to a fake to a guy who has tremendous speed is that they not only bite, but they bite hard.

The threat of Reggie's speed to the edge can also neutralize pass rushing DEs. Notice on that same play how Trent Cole has to stop rushing Brees because he thought reggie was carrying the ball to the sideline. That's huge.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom