Don't think Bush is important to our O? (1 Viewer)

cdogg

THE WOOD WAS BROUGHT
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Go back and watch the first TD pass of the game. Bush went in motion from the WR spot behind Brees. The ball is snapped and Brees fakes a pitch to him. All three LB's bit on the fake, Brees rolled out the other direction and hit a wide open Colston. Even when he's not breaking plays, he still messes up the defense.

You can actually see the safety bite too, which opens up Colston between the DBs.

i wish people would understand this aspect of his game. if he can get involved in the backfield, like his rookie year, it is only going to mean HUUUUUUUUGE things for the offense. the defense has to respect his talent and shadow him when he is in the game which opens up whatever look drew wants to take. i would like to see him do a little more north and south on the return game.

I've seen this argument about 5 times since yesterday. Who's to say they wouldn't have done the same for P. Thomas though??

Just saying...

Yep noticed it while watching with a buddy. I want to see Bush get more carries with a fullback in front of him. Those stretch the Defense pitch,toss, sweep plays, I don't care for. I want to see Reggie get past the LOS and into the secondary, right up the gut like he did Sunday. The more carries he gets like that the more confidence he will gain and the better he will get.

In the two reg season games, anyone know how many plays (if any) had both Reggie and Bell in the backfield, and what happened on these plays? I can't remember of any.. This has to open things up for one or the other. I wish we'd see this more to improve our running game.

I've seen this argument about 5 times since yesterday. Who's to say they wouldn't have done the same for P. Thomas though??

Just saying...

Get outta here!!

No offense to PT, but defenses scheme around Reggie. His presence alone is a huge distraction for defenses...

I called touchdown as soon as I saw Bush go in motion. I just knew that it was going to be a fake toss and so I looked at the WR at the bottom, saw Colston and said touchdown. He was WIIIIDE open too.

I remember this happening with McCarthy, after a while you can pick up the tendancies of plays under the same play caller.

Just saying...
Some people just don't get it and want to discount anything Bush does for our team. Come on man give him credit when credit is due.

Get outta here!!

No offense to PT, but defenses scheme around Reggie. His presence alone is a huge distraction for defenses...

Whatever. I'm not saying they don't. But when it comes to Reggie, we grasp for straws in order to prove his worth to the team. Do we do that with any other player? No.

Reggie's 25-yard reception along the sideline with YAC was more impressive to me because that set up a TD before the half. That plus his tremendous blocking yesterday proved that Reggie belonged on the field.

His punt returns? Not so much. :1zhelp:

Some people just don't get it and want to discount anything Bush does for our team. Come on man give him credit when credit is due.

Or some people don't call a spade a spade. Bush is important to this team, don't get me wrong. But we're fine with or without him.

I think Buffalo can be a breakout game for him though. I'm pretty pumped to see him in action with the way he finished in Philly. His confidence should be sky-high. :9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom