Don't think Bush is important to our O? (1 Viewer)

Whatever. I'm not saying they don't. But when it comes to Reggie, we grasp for straws in order to prove his worth to the team. Do we do that with any other player? No.

Reggie's 25-yard reception along the sideline with YAC was more impressive to me because that set up a TD before the half. That plus his tremendous blocking yesterday proved that Reggie belonged on the field.

His punt returns? Not so much. :1zhelp:
the final outcome of a play doesn't always make the play more impressive necessarily....We'll just have to disagree, but a play that occupies 4 defenders is IMO more impressive than a catch and run...even if the first one was a play FOR someone else and the 2nd was your own.

do you watch college basketball? did you happen to see or at least see highlights of Stephen Curry (Davidson) play against Loyola last season? They double teamed him the entire game...The team won 78-48...Curry was scoreless......but I guess you would say that he had little to do with the team's win...and I would say he had a lot to do with it.

No doubt he is important to the offense. I thought yesterday he picked up the blitz pretty good too. My only problem with him yesterday is when we had the ball near our own endzone one play he tried to dance instead of just running straight ahead. Can't dance near your own endzone.

the final outcome of a play doesn't always make the play more impressive necessarily....We'll just have to disagree, but a play that occupies 4 defenders is IMO more impressive than a catch and run...even if the first one was a play FOR someone else and the 2nd was your own.

do you watch college basketball? did you happen to see or at least see highlights of Stephen Curry (Davidson) play against Loyola last season? They double teamed him the entire game...The team won 78-48...Curry was scoreless......but I guess you would say that he had little to do with the team's win...and I would say he had a lot to do with it.

ooOO a CBB reference, nice.

I see your point, but I'll also say that it was a great fake by Brees and block confusion given forth by our O-Line. Yesterday was a complete team effort. That's what was so impressive about hanging a 40-burger on one of the leagues best D's. Or so we thought.

Whether Bush is in or out the O keeps rolling. He is not that important. The offense doesn't shutdown when he is out. I'm not trying to underplay him though, but it's not like he is MVP or anything.

Whether Bush is in or out the O keeps rolling. He is not that important. The offense doesn't shutdown when he is out. I'm not trying to underplay him though, but it's not like he is MVP or anything.

Same could be said for any other player on our offense that is not named Drew Brees.

Reggie just needs to hit the hole and go. When we were practicing against the Texans there was all this talk of Reggie exploding through the hole. Seems like every time I see Reggie return punts he waits and watches for a second or two instead of just accelerating forward. It just seems like if Reggie has a two step head start no body is going to catch him, but all this juking isn't as good as just trying to use the hole.

Go back and watch the first TD pass of the game. Bush went in motion from the WR spot behind Brees. The ball is snapped and Brees fakes a pitch to him. All three LB's bit on the fake, Brees rolled out the other direction and hit a wide open Colston. Even when he's not breaking plays, he still messes up the defense.

I counted 4 guys shifting. Great catch, in fact I told my wife the exact same thing during the game. I paused the game, explained to her what to look for, and we rewatched the play. She was excited to see what I was talking about. I told her what Eagles fans had been saying about Bush on their fan boards. She said, "it sure looks like they're worried about him".

the problem with reggie bush is not his playing

the problem is his PAYCHECK

AND his playing!!!!!!!! He's mediocre and if he is on the sidelines the Saint's are not a weaker team for it. That is a problem.

Kris

Why do people cry about Bush getting 0 yard or -5 yard gain on punt returns?? You would think we had the Chiefs offense or something..like a few yards is going to absolutely kill us.. lol! He has shown big play ability as a returner ..shut up and let him do his thing!

AND his playing!!!!!!!! He's mediocre and if he is on the sidelines the Saint's are not a weaker team for it. That is a problem.

Kris
So PT is on the sidelines and we don't seem to be slowed by that. Are you saying that we should keep him there or trade him because we don't need him?

Go back and watch the first TD pass of the game. Bush went in motion from the WR spot behind Brees. The ball is snapped and Brees fakes a pitch to him. All three LB's bit on the fake, Brees rolled out the other direction and hit a wide open Colston. Even when he's not breaking plays, he still messes up the defense.

Reggie also was invaluable on punt returns yesterday. 2 or 3 times the Eagles punter shanked it out of bounds after being told not to kick to Reggie.

That's 40-60 yards that doesn't show up on the stat sheet but that Reggie is directly responsible for.

Reggie bashers generally don't grasp football in my opinion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom