Don't Throw in the Towel-- Remember 2006 (1 Viewer)

senorwinces

Rookie
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
In 2006, we went 1-3 in the preseason (we won the first game against the Titans 19-16). We lost to Dallas 30-7 in August and looked inept. There was much talk of Master Tuna schooling his young pupil.

In December, we went to their house and beat an 8-4 team that had won 4 straight games 42-17. And it wasn't even that close. Parcells retired the following January.

I'm not predicting that we will make it to the NFC Championship this year. I'm saying there's no way to predict what will happen this season based on the last month.

I see your point. Although the preseason didn't give us a whole lot to feel good about, no way you can give up on the team at this point. Every team is still undefeated right now! Williams looked pretty good covering Perriman last night as well. Although I do worry about Brees getting decapitated at some point if the o-line doesn't gel soon

I'll never forget that terrible ride home to New Orleans after the Colts game.

We really need some breaks early in the season to build confidence in the team and re energize the fan base. Some turnovers that generate points for us, big special teams splash plays that propel momentum and victory and get things rolling to flip to positive psychology. Minus 2013 the last few seasons have been a tough run and its wearing on everyone I think..

And we need luck with no big injuries so the team can gel and develop as the season progresses. If we have some luck and erase the stench of the preseason Brees alone could be good for 6-7 wins if the coaches are scheming the OL toward things they do well so the protection is there.

Everything has to go right with some breaks thrown in.

Yeah, this sport is weird like that sometimes. You just never know when a light bulb can suddenly go on for a team or when things will all of a sudden start to click, especially when you have a Super Bowl winning, first ballot Hall of Famer QB.

Fact is, this defense is much better than we are giving them credit for, and if this offense is still top 5 caliber, despite the OL issues, we have as good a shot as anymore to be that team that suddenly figures it out, just like that 2006 squad.

What if we line up week 1 and all of a sudden, Michael Thomas is Randy Moss'ing folks left and right? What if Ingram continues his ascent and becomes a 1,500 yard back? What if Cooks all of a sudden becomes unstoppable like Antonio Brown?

Remember how bad Carolina thought their line was going into last year? Look how that turned out.

Remember how bad we thought we were going into 2006 week 1?

You just never know.

i dont give up on super bowl hopes until we're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. 7-8 with a game left thats a must win and need 3 teams to lose, guess what we still in it!

It's up to the coaches, their weekly game plan, and in game adjustments. If we are worried about the offense in preseason we shouldn't feel too bad because they usually figure it out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom