Don't Watch the Draft (1 Viewer)

I’ll never understand why people think they actually have an effect on a billion dollar industry because they refuse to turn on their tv or attend a game.
The PI rule was just changed for this very reason

NFL is so ham-fisted in their marketing . Over the past couple years, white rural/blue collar males have boycotted the NFL because of kneeling during the anthem etc. So they put the draft in Nashville, and throw in as many redneck elements as they can. Look! Players riding horses! Players in cowboy hats! Players driving pickup trucks with American flags! All white-guy bar band on stage behind the podium! Lots of country music!
Nashville was chosen a year and a half before the protests began.

That is actually the only way to affect the NFL. Thinking you can’t make a difference is what leads some people not to vote in elections. I say follow your convictions in spite of the odds. If enough people do it things can change. The NFL is counting on football fans being sheep who can’t stay away.

Well that of course is true. I’m simply saying there isn’t a large enough group of the same sentiment to effect the NFL very negatively. Most people will still enjoy the game and stands will be full. I’m not a sheep, I just don’t care enough about a bad call to not watch the league.
The PI rule was just changed for this very reason

Well I’m speaking more to the ‘if I don’t watch a game the NFL will suffer crowd’, not a particular incident within the rules of the game.

Nashville was chosen a year and a half before the protests began.

Nashville , after several years of begging and intense lobbying, was on May 23, 2018, finally granted the right to host the 2019 NFL draft.

Colin Kaepernik began kneeling during the anthem in August of 2016

Nashville , after several years of begging and intense lobbying, was on May 23, 2018, finally granted the right to host the 2019 NFL draft.

So it was three months before the protests started.
That still proves that the League didn’t put it in Nashville in an attempt to win back any rural fans.

Mr. Littlejeans said:

So it was three months before the protests started.
That still proves that the League didn’t put it in Nashville in an attempt to win back any rural fans.

Saint Jack, one of us is missing something here I think?????

Mr. Littlejeans said:

Saint Jack, one of us is missing something here I think?????
Oh, sorry! My mistake! I misread your post. My apologies.
I still stand by my conclusion.
There would be no reason for the League to win back lost viewers from the South.
What viewers the League lost were minimal at best. The games were still the highest on TV. The playoffs had high ratings. And the drop in Super Bowl ratings could be linked to Patriots fatigue, lack of a Rams fan base, and the Official Fiasco in the NFC Championship. Even then, the Super Bowl drew 90 million people. And this is in an age where a network pops champagne when a show can pull 10 million a episode.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom