Don't you agree??? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Even though everyone is thinking this will be a shootout this weekend, what I'm hoping is clock management on the Saint's part. We all know they can score in under a minute, but truely the best defense against a potent offense is to keep them off the field. The last drive in the Eagle's game proves my point. Another drive I like was in the Tampa game. Even though it wasn't as close as the Eagles the saints had a drive in the 4th qtr that went 30 yards and took 9 minutes.

another game like the tampa game would be great - i just hope we win, regardless of how ugly it gets

I really want to blow them out. I don't see this as a shootout like everyone else - I agree, clock management and being stingy with the ball are key. I think they are going to try to make it a shootout, because that's their style of game, and they know that those speedy receivers can give our secondary fits. I am guessing that they are going to test the deep waters early, trying for a couple of homeruns on their first two possessions. While I am not absolutely sure, I recall Rudi Johnson being a more in between the tackles type of runner, as opposed to the speedy around the edges runner, and if this holds true, they'll probably look to pass often.
I see us pounding them on the ground steadily, probably more than we've seen all year. Wear 'em down, and then knock 'em out.

Ball management with long time draining drives would kill them. I believe its one of our best assets.

I'm kinda in the mood to watch a shootout...as long as we win of course.

I'm kinda in the mood to watch a shootout...as long as we win of course.

You don't want a shootout with these guys... They would win.

Exploit what they give you: A Defense ranked 27th in the league, 23rd or worse in both the pass and the run, as well as TOP.

Last edited:
Agreed.

The Bengals lost a tough one last week. Big lead. Blew it.

Sometimes these things have a negative emotional impact. They had it. They lost it.

Demoralized is too strong a word, but something like that.

The Saints lost one they also could have won. Fumbles. Without them, who knows how the game would have turned out?

I expect the team to settle down. Don't screw up the drives. No stupid mistakes.

Remember what happened, don't let it happen again.

I wonder if the Bengals are thinking the same thing? I hope not.

ddd

I think the defense was just worn out in the second half last week. They hardly got a breather before they were back on the field. In my opinion when our defense is fresh, they can shut down any team in this league.....well maybe not the colts. Oh what the heck, them too!

I think the defense was just worn out in the second half last week.
That's how I saw it, too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom