Donte Stallworth offers his opinion (1 Viewer)

If the N.F.L. wants to send an unambiguous message that its concern is genuine and not performative, it must start with this political disconnect.

How about sports start just being about sports and not politics. I can't stand politics. They're all crooks, not 1 politician has OUR (the people) best interests at heart. They don't give a flying "you know what" about anyone but making themselves money at the expense of the people they are supposed to be helping/being a voice for. The sooner people realize it the better off people would be.

How about sports start just being about sports and not politics. I can't stand politics. They're all crooks, not 1 politician has OUR (the people) best interests at heart. They don't give a flying "you know what" about anyone but making themselves money at the expense of the people they are supposed to be helping/being a voice for. The sooner people realize it the better off people would be.
Sports has never been just about sports. You need to get over this idea that athletes should not express their opinions because they're making money to entertain us.

We arenā€™t going to have sports in the near future at least partially because of how bad our politicians have screwed up.

When things are good, politics rarely bleeds into sports. If things get bad enough, eventually everything is about politics.

Im just here to see people (who I assume have jobs) take a free moment to express THEIR opinion that OTHER people should just do their job and keep their opinions to themselves. Thats always my favorite part of these threads.

Also, well said by stallworth

I'll let George Carlin handle this one.

He mentions no accountability and no justice. How ironic.
30 day sentence for killing a man while driving drunk.

Sports has never been just about sports. You need to get over this idea that athletes should not express their opinions because they're making money to entertain us.
they can have their opinions and i can choose to ignore them like i try to, but if the whole 3 hours of an nfl game turns in to a political circle jerk. ill be over sports. i tune in to games to watch 3 hours of football. not to hear politics. if i wanted that id turn to cnn or fox news.

so no. i do not "need to get over" that at all.

they can have their opinions and i can choose to ignore them like i try to, but if the whole 3 hours of an nfl game turns in to a political circle jerk. ill be over sports. i tune in to games to watch 3 hours of football. not to hear politics. if i wanted that id turn to cnn or fox news.

so no. i do not "need to get over" that at all.
But you're not ignoring it. You're whining about it to anonymous people.

People have opinions, even athletes. Yeah, you're going to need to get over it because this has been the case since sporting events first began and I don't see it changing any time soon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom