Donte Stallworth (1 Viewer)

I never had a problem with Donte but I like the trend toward big receivers.

Stallworth always seemed just like Devery Henderson to me. He had slightly better hands, but I never see him being a #1 WR and thats usually what you want out of your #2, the potential of some day taking over the #1 spot.

1 UT receiver is more than enough with the track record they have. 2 is just bad luck almost

Erm, no Devery is flat out one of the fastest players in the NFL.

Erm, no Devery is flat out one of the fastest players in the NFL.

No he isn't. Your giving him way to much credit.

And what does Devery have to do with Stallworth? Devery is gone.

devery is very fast, however you need more than speed to be successful...as he has proved..

i would much rather a slow wr that can catch than a fast wr that cant.

Stallworth's biggest problem is maturity. He butted heads with Payton because of his tardiness to meetings and letting little injuires linger far longer than they should.

On the football field, he's a solid #3 receiver with some flashes as being a #2... he even admitted as much playing with Moss and Welker was good for him because the expectations weren't as high.

I don't think Payton and the FO really have any interest in him... there are some similar receivers in FA (Jerry Porter), and there are some who may not be the fastest, but have a much better work ethic out there.

Welker and Moss were the far more dangerous receivers for the Patriots.

I would say yes, but it depends on his attitude. I do think Horn was a big problem and created the Stallworth that was here, but he's been around better people now and he's lost that attitude. I think he's learned a lot after being with the Eagles and then the Pats. I think he knows how good our offense could be with him in the mix. Colston, Meachem, Stallworth would be a tough 3 for teams to cover.

why do people automaticllay put meachum in there as someone that would be tough to cover. this guy hasnt even sniffed the field. i wouldnt count on him to do anything until he proves he can actually get on the field, much less actually contribute other than running routes....

why do people automaticllay put meachum in there as someone that would be tough to cover. this guy hasnt even sniffed the field. i wouldnt count on him to do anything until he proves he can actually get on the field, much less actually contribute other than running routes....

Because hes 6'4" and runs a 4.3 forty?

When he is healthy he will be tough to cover. Its just a matter of time. Hopefully things like bad route running and bad hands don't hamper him though.

Colston Stallworth Patten and Meachem (healthy) would be an awesome corp on the field at the same time

Stallworth is the biggest tease in the NFL. You look at him in practice and say, "Oh, God!" You look at him in games and say, "Oh, well."

He'll never live up to his potential, and that is frustrating for fans and the coaching staff.

Pass.

No he isn't. Your giving him way to much credit.

And what does Devery have to do with Stallworth? Devery is gone.

nah i am just going by what I see. My reference was to Donte being faster than Devery.

nah i am just going by what I see. My reference was to Donte being faster than Devery.

Donte is just as fast if not faster. He ran the fastest ever 40 time at the combine and when he takes off noone comes close to catching him on the field.

If one or the other is faster, its such a small difference theres no point in caring.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom