Donte whitner and Bobby Hebert (1 Viewer)

I can’t say I want to beat the 49ers more after hearing that interview because I already want to beat them badly, but shutting Whitner up will be extremely satisfying and is extra motivation to make me scream louder on defense.

I agree. Whitner still lives in the past and thinks this is the same “finesse” team from 2011.

Pierre lowered his head so I can see that POV. However it still was helmet to helmet. 5 turnovers and still should have won. To me that team was the best Saints team ever. Just didn’t get the bounces all teams need to lift the Lombardi.

PT was considered a runner at the time of the hit. Helmet to helmet didn't apply to runners under the rules at the time. That said,if
it happened today,Whittner would be given the Vontez Burfict treatment

That interview was one of those epic "resistible force meets movable object" battles.

I know it broke us. We were on their 1. About to score...was a 14 point swing and we lost PT for the game.

We came back from a 17-0 deficit, so I am not sure "broke us" is accurate. Drew Brees does not break.

Gregg Williams's arrogance, on the other hand, did. Smith hadn't gotten the ball to any of his WRs all day, and there was only one guy who was beating us: Vernon Davis. So Williams put his slowest DB on him in single coverage. All he had to do was not be so Gregg Williams for four or five plays and coach to the situation rather than his ego. Good chance that cost us a Super Bowl berth, because we'd have been hosting the Giants in the NFCCG a week later.

And if I'm a 49er fan, I wouldn't be celebrating that win all that much -- much like the Vikings in 2017, just a reminder that you choked away a Super Bowl trip the next weekend.

We came back from a 17-0 deficit, so I am not sure "broke us" is accurate. Drew Brees does not break.

Gregg Williams's arrogance, on the other hand, did. Smith hadn't gotten the ball to any of his WRs all day, and there was only one guy who was beating us: Vernon Davis. So Williams put his slowest DB on him in single coverage. All he had to do was not be so Gregg Williams for four or five plays and coach to the situation rather than his ego. Good chance that cost us a Super Bowl berth, because we'd have been hosting the Giants in the NFCCG a week later.

And if I'm a 49er fan, I wouldn't be celebrating that win all that much -- much like the Vikings in 2017, just a reminder that you choked away a Super Bowl trip the next weekend.

Perhaps broke is too strong of a word. I stand by the importance of that play tho. They went down and scored, when we were on the verge of a TD early in the game. Fourteen point swing is big, losing PT early in the game is big.
And I totally agree about the defense and know how it all went down like it was yesterday.That loss hurt me more than any other in our history. (until the Rams last year).

Anyone heard this interview on wwl radio?? Very entertaining !!

Yes, I did, courtesy of my phone app for 870.

I texted 870-AM this message while it was going on, "Ha, two complete hardheads discussing football. And yes, Whitner should've been fined for the hit on Pierre Thomas."

They don't return texts like they used to, though. Maybe Deke was the one returning them all that time? :unsure:

Yes, I did, courtesy of my phone app for 870.

I texted 870-AM this message while it was going on, "Ha, two complete hardheads discussing football. And yes, Whitner should've been fined for the hit on Pierre Thomas."

They don't return texts like they used to, though. Maybe Deke was the one returning them all that time? :unsure:
I don't text in to sports talk all that often since I only really listen to it for a few minutes in the car after work, but I get return messages all the time when I text in to Scoot's show. When I would text Sports Talk back when Deke was still around, there were many times that I got a reply message that said, "You will no longer receive messages from WWL," or something like that. Their skin was so thin they'd not only disregard my message and the counterpoint I made, but they'd cancel my texting ability like I couldn't just start it again by texting yes to 870870.

I don't text in to sports talk all that often since I only really listen to it for a few minutes in the car after work, but I get return messages all the time when I text in to Scoot's show. When I would text Sports Talk back when Deke was still around, there were many times that I got a reply message that said, "You will no longer receive messages from WWL," or something like that. Their skin was so thin they'd not only disregard my message and the counterpoint I made, but they'd cancel my texting ability like I couldn't just start it again by texting yes to 870870.

You're right about the return messages. Now, there's just nothing. No one's in charge, kinda like the show itself.

Bobby sure jumped the shark last week when he compared his coining the term "Who Dat Nation" to the commemoration of Pearl Harbor. Only Bobby!

You're right about the return messages. Now, there's just nothing. No one's in charge, kinda like the show itself.

Bobby sure jumped the shark last week when he compared his coining the term "Who Dat Nation" to the commemoration of Pearl Harbor. Only Bobby!
That show truly is the inmates running the asylum. I wonder if they even have a producer sometimes with the way they let Booby act. Or someone counting his drinks at least.

Wasn't a cheap shot. And we set the tone after that play.

source.gif

Wasn't gonna be a cake walk for the high powered Saints. Although it ended in a crazy way, and either team deserved to win it.
Saints spotted 17 and it still came down to the end... :biglol:

Where can a Canadian find this to listen to? I used to get the after hours show on my podcast but they stopped being available for me. Love me some Cajun cannon

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom