Donte Whitner going at it on Zach Strief on radio show (1 Viewer)

Dude, it's ok to not be a contrarian at all times. Cook is not "just a guy." He's got 89 and 99 yards over the last two games and he's gonna end up with about 650 yards receiving at worst. That makes him an above average TE.

And it's not like having two dynamic playmakers, including the best WR in the league, is a common occurrence in this league. Plenty of teams would love to have the threesome of Kamara, Thomas, and Cook. Kamara has had over 100 total yards each of the last three games and averaged 5.8, 4.9, and 5.5 yards per carry.

It's also not like the 49ers are a juggernaut of receiving talent. Their leading WR has 600 yards on the season. Ours has 1290. Kittle is their top threat with 687 yards.

Both teams have definciencies because that's the nature of the NFL. Whitner pretending we are a push-over with only two players capable of making a play is nonsense and he's nowhere near 100% accurate. And the QB comparison matters. Brees does still exist.

Excellent response. A good example for some on what 100% accurate looks like.

He was the guy who wanted to legally change his name to "Hitner" at one point, correct?

For that reason alone, I don't take him seriously.

Interesting, so I guess Brees doesn’t count as a play maker. And even if he doesn’t, that’s still two true play makers more than they have on the 49ers offense so…
In all fairness, Kittle did slip my mind when I wrote this.
So, the Saints have a top 5 QB, the best WR in the entire league, a top 5 RB, and an above average TE. The 9’ers have a top 5 TE, an above average WR, an above average QB and an above average RB.
Which team is short on game changing weapons again?

Not only flagged but fined 15k for the hit lol

Brooks won his appeal. He was not fined.

It was a bad call that cost us big time that season. I can see how the ref would throw the flag with just one full speed view, but the replays show it was a bad call.

Brooks won his appeal. He was not fined.

It was a bad call that cost us big time that season. I can see how the ref would throw the flag with just one full speed view, but the replays show it was a bad call.
It must have sucked for Whitner to get a bad call on that play. That must have been very heartbreaking for the 49ers and their fans during that season. I guess the Saints and the who dat nation don't know how that feels because we never really experience that.

Seriously... so what that was a bad call. Instead of complaining Whitner should have went back out there caused another turn over or three-an-out. No team in the NFL will get every call... Unless you're Tom Brady and Pats.

interview was better than the faux-controversy headline suggested - Zach "strife" was spot-on throughout.

Last edited:
As much as I STRONGLY dislike Whitner, he does have a point about our offense not having much more than Thomas & Kamara.
If there's a game that our other players need to step up, it's now. I mean Now!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom