Donte Whitner going at it on Zach Strief on radio show (1 Viewer)

Wait ... Whitner came back on WWL after jawing with Bobby the other night?

Jeez ... did they break out Rowdy Roddy Piper and Ted Dibiase while they were at it? Could you smell what The Rock was cooking?
No “Strife” was a guest on there show in San fan. Whitner was talking sheet the Strief about how he was the guy that let brooks get past him and hit Brees, how it wasn’t a penalty, then again how the Saints are soft and have only two playmakers, Strief was trying to talk but all you heard was whitner spouting off at the mouth and Zach was like dude why call me as a guest when you won’t let me speak. I hope we punch a hole through these forkers bruh

He essentially said that Kamara and Thomas are the two playmakers that they’d try to take away, that Cook is just a guy and that the Saints don’t have any other receivers. To be completely honest with you...that’s pretty close to 100% accurate. Saying that Taysom isn’t a weapon was inaccurate and really the only thing that I disagree with. I think that Strief was pretty accurate with regard to the OL. The biggest talking point that wasn’t discussed is Kamara not looking like a playmaker since his injury. He has to improve.

Strief was talking plenty of trash so I’ll let the other stuff slide.

He essentially said that Kamara and Thomas are the two playmakers that they’d try to take away, that Cook is just a guy and that the Saints don’t have any other receivers. To be completely honest with you...that’s pretty close to 100% accurate. Saying that Taysom isn’t a weapon was inaccurate and really the only thing that I disagree with. I think that Strief was pretty accurate with regard to the OL. The biggest talking point that wasn’t discussed is Kamara not looking like a playmaker since his injury. He has to improve.

Strief was talking plenty of trash so I’ll let the other stuff slide.

Dude, it's ok to not be a contrarian at all times. Cook is not "just a guy." He's got 89 and 99 yards over the last two games and he's gonna end up with about 650 yards receiving at worst. That makes him an above average TE.

And it's not like having two dynamic playmakers, including the best WR in the league, is a common occurrence in this league. Plenty of teams would love to have the threesome of Kamara, Thomas, and Cook. Kamara has had over 100 total yards each of the last three games and averaged 5.8, 4.9, and 5.5 yards per carry.

It's also not like the 49ers are a juggernaut of receiving talent. Their leading WR has 600 yards on the season. Ours has 1290. Kittle is their top threat with 687 yards.

Both teams have definciencies because that's the nature of the NFL. Whitner pretending we are a push-over with only two players capable of making a play is nonsense and he's nowhere near 100% accurate. And the QB comparison matters. Brees does still exist.

Last edited:
Dude, it's ok to not be a contrarian at all times. Cook is not "just a guy." He's got 89 and 99 yards over the last two games and he's gonna end up with about 650 yards receiving at worst. That makes him an above average TE.

And it's not like having two dynamic playmakers, including the best WR in the league, is a common occurrence in this league. Plenty of teams would love to have the threesome of Kamara, Thomas, and Cook. Kamara has had over 100 total yards each of the last three games and averaged 5.8, 4.9, and 5.5 yards per carry.

It's also not like the 49ers are a juggernaut of receiving talent. Their leading WR has 600 yards on the season. Ours has 1290. Kittle is their top threat with 687 yards.

Both teams have definciencies because that's the nature of the NFL. Whitner pretending we are a push-over with only two players capable of making a play is nonsense and he's nowhere near 100% accurate. And the QB comparison matters. Brees does still exist.

you can’t cherry pick. You picked his best games. I’m excited that he’s he developed into an average receiving TE but to say that he’s a “weapon” is a stretch. The guy was dropping catches last week...he has one of the higher drop rates at TE in the league.

He didn’t argue that the 49ers receivers are “weapons”. He said that the Thomas and Kamara are the only two guys the 49ers should respect and gameplan for. If I’m an opponent I’m doing every I can to stop those two guys and have special defensive looks for when Taysom is in the backfield. But I would make every other receiver beat 0 or single coverage.

Last edited:
you can’t cherry pick. You picked his best games. I’m excited that he’s he developed into an average receiving TE but to say that he’s a “weapon” is a stretch. The guy was dropping catches last week...he has one of the higher drop rates at TE in the league.

He didn’t argue that the 49ers receivers are “weapons”. He said that the Thomas and Kamara are the only two guys the 49ers should respect and gameplan for. If I’m an opponent I’m doing every I can to stop those two guys and have special defensive looks for when Taysom is in the backfield. But I would make every other receiver beat 0 or single coverage.

Picking his two most recent games isn't cherry picking. He's improved his play enough that he's now a real weapon along with Thomas, Hill and Kamara. Heck, we haven't even mentioned Murray. I think he gets into the mix this Sunday.

Cook is absolutely a weapon. It’s stupid to suggest otherwise and no team is going to treat him like an average TE in coverage.

If you think it’s really it’s as simple as only game planning against Kamara and Thomas, let’s just say I hope the 49ers treat it that way.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom