Doom 2016 and Halo: Master Chief Collection (1 Viewer)

Did you play them on their first incarnations? I’ve been off of Xbox for some time but I lost interest in Halo after the first one. I loved it with the exception of “the flood” levels. I hated endlessly running around shooting at the floor.

Did you play them on their first incarnations? I’ve been off of Xbox for some time but I lost interest in Halo after the first one. I loved it with the exception of “the flood” levels. I hated endlessly running around shooting at the floor.

Yeah, played the first one, and didn't like the second edition of Halo. I played a few Doom games also.

Halo felt good finishing the game and Multiplayer was a blast on PC.

Yeah, played the first one, and didn't like the second edition of Halo. I played a few Doom games also.

Halo felt good finishing the game and Multiplayer was a blast on PC.
I’ve never gotten into online gaming for some reason (might change that soon) but some of the most fun I ever had was on original Xbox when you could connect them. My friend would bring his and we ran a long Ethernet between rooms and four of us would have tournaments. We did separate rooms, IIRC, because there were sound clues as to where your opponents were. We took turns playing and drinking.

I’ve never gotten into online gaming for some reason (might change that soon) but some of the most fun I ever had was on original Xbox when you could connect them. My friend would bring his and we ran a long Ethernet between rooms and four of us would have tournaments. We did separate rooms, IIRC, because there were sound clues as to where your opponents were. We took turns playing and drinking.

Sounds like good times.

I bought Doom 2016, but it felt like an Xbox game ported over to PC. It had the same feel as Halo 2 on PC. Don't really like it so far, feels disorganized, spacey, and cartoonish. Maybe we have seen the fall of PC games?!?!

Sounds like good times.

I bought Doom 2016, but it felt like an Xbox game ported over to PC. It had the same feel as Halo 2 on PC. Don't really like it so far, feels disorganized, spacey, and cartoonish. Maybe we have seen the fall of PC games?!?!

i never got into too many PC games. Mostly it’s just about where I prefer to be if I’m playing a game which is in my living room, I’m my most comfortable piece of furniture instead of a computer chair. Last time I was really into PC gaming was probably Kings Quest 3.

you don’t have a console?

i never got into too many PC games. Mostly it’s just about where I prefer to be if I’m playing a game which is in my living room, I’m my most comfortable piece of furniture instead of a computer chair. Last time I was really into PC gaming was probably Kings Quest 3.

you don’t have a console?

I have PS3, Wii, and Wii U. The Intellivision Amico had a delayed release this year, so maybe next October a new console. Was looking at the PS4, but there is no rush.

PS4 is an incredible machine with a ton of affordable games. That would be a great choice.

PS4 looks good, but video games are getting to complicated.

It's really not based on skill any more, but rather how long you play the game, and learn the glitches.

With that said, I got tired of searching around on the Doom map, and tried god mode. Bad idea, it corrupted the saved game slot, so have to start over. O.k., no cheat codes on Doom.

I think Betheseda or whatever their called, make their maps to large, and to much back tracking to find a key, only to replay the map over again. They did the same thing with Wolfenstein II on the submarine base.

I think the early 2000's PC video games peaked, we are just seeing ported console games on PC now. It's a shame!

PS4 looks good, but video games are getting to complicated.

It's really not based on skill any more, but rather how long you play the game, and learn the glitches.

With that said, I got tired of searching around on the Doom map, and tried god mode. Bad idea, it corrupted the saved game slot, so have to start over. O.k., no cheat codes on Doom.

I think Betheseda or whatever their called, make their maps to large, and to much back tracking to find a key, only to replay the map over again. They did the same thing with Wolfenstein II on the submarine base.

I think the early 2000's PC video games peaked, we are just seeing ported console games on PC now. It's a shame!

I guess it depends on what you look for in a game. I still find all kinds of great stuff on PS4. I generally play stealth and other solo campaign stuff. IMO, the Last of Us series alone was worth having the PS4

I guess it depends on what you look for in a game. I still find all kinds of great stuff on PS4. I generally play stealth and other solo campaign stuff. IMO, the Last of Us series alone was worth having the PS4

The Last of Us has one of the best stories, but the game play was second class.

Thats the game the lured me away from XBox and I likely won’t go back. Halo and Gears of War were both fun to start with but sequels became very repetitive and uninteresting.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom