Doorbell Camera Advice (1 Viewer)

DomePatrol5657

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

We are looking into getting a Doorbell camera for the house and was trying to figure out the best one to get. Nest? Ring? This would be the first step in adding smart home tech to my house. I appreciate any advice given.

We have Nest Hello. No issues and I like the app function. I pay $5 a month for the video storage. However, it plays better with the Google Home system than Amazon Alexa/Echo.

I've got a Ring Pro doorbell. Installing it was as close to idiot proof as possible, and their support was great. I had an issue where it would not ring my hardware doorbell. Called support, and they walked me through a few things, had me take a photo of my connection and email it to them, and then they sent me a new complete kit with a return label, and they told me to try replacing the doorbell module (and then the button module if that didn't fix it), and just return whatever was left.

Their video storage subscription is $30 a year for a single device, and their "Neighborhood" feature is nice. It allows for ring users in your area to share images and videos so that everyone can be notified of suspicious activities.

I just installed a wyze cam above my door under the eve. $25 bucks and done.

I just installed a wyze cam above my door under the eve. $25 bucks and done.
I was going to suggest the same, Wyze is great and their customer service is amazing also.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom