Dorsey poll (1 Viewer)

Trade scenarios with Rams

• 1st and 2nd

Votes: 61 33.9%
  • Swap of 1st rounders and include next years #1

Votes: 62 34.4%
  • 1st and Will Smith (get a 2nd from St.Louis)

Votes: 31 17.2%
  • Next years 1st and Will Smith

Votes: 14 7.8%
  • This years 1st, 2nd and 3rd

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • 1st and Will Smith (get a third from St. Louis)

Votes: 9 5.0%

• Total voters
Guys I know we all love LSU on here, and hands down, Dorsey is the best defender in the Draft, not to mention Adam Schefter of NFLN saying that we are trying to trade up w Rams for Dorsey is getting alot of people excited on here, but the price is simply too high. Theres a chance Sedrick Ellis falls to BAL (we can move up only swapping 1sts and a 3rd. They obviously will select Clady or a QB) or maybe even he falls to us.
Dorsey may be slightly better than Ellis, but I refuse to give up our 1st and 2nds when we could still get a good DT like Ellis without losing the #40 pick.

I don't like the idea of trading Will Smith at all you don't dump your best player for unproven draft picks, even if they are as good as Dorsey, unless their is no hope in resigning him.

And people that are saying that Dorsey is equal with Ellis are misinformed. Dorsey is the real deal and he has been for a couple of years now.

I am very confident that Jonathan Vilma will have a great season and will sign a long term contract with us. Ergo, there is a chance that we will loose our second rounder next year (and gain a fourth).

I am sure a lot of people won't be happy if we enter the draft next year without a first and second rounder.

And old or new draft charts, it doesn't matter. They are fun for us to aknowledge if a trade is fair, but we tend to forget cost of opportunity. I don't care what the chart says. If a trade is good for us, make it, even if the charts says we are not doing good business.

Considering the new trade chart says a 1st and 3rd should get it done, I'd be inclined to go that route.
Charts don't mean ****. Give what the team wants or no deal. I' m not even sure teams look at the charts in the war room.

If everything goes as planned and how good this team looks right now on paper, next year's 1st SHOULD be in the high 20s to low 30s. Getting Dorsey is key to this whole defensive transformation IMO. There are a few others that can bring the same hope, but I'd rather have Dorsey :homer:.

Don't go for Dorsey!!!! Do any of you remember this guy. I have a feeling that this could become our reality if we pick Dorsey. Sed Ellis if we are trading up, but only a couple of spots not all the way to the second or third.

5. Tim Krumrie's broken leg, 1989: The Bengals' All-Pro nose guard was trying to tackle 49ers running back Roger Craig in Super Bowl XXIII when his left ankle caught in the turf and twisted nearly 180 degrees. The result was two broken bones and gasps in living rooms throughout America. Krumrie had a 15-inch rod inserted in the leg and returned the next season, but was never the same player.

For some reason you think Ellis is "broke leg proof"? Is that in Lindy's?........Ellis.....pro's, will not ever break his leg.

None of the above, we still don't know how healthy dorsey's knee is. Running a 40 and getting rolled over on by a O-Lineman is two totally different things.

I wouldnt be willing to give up anything for him. If he were to fall to 10 I wouldnt mind picking him up, but as I have said before his injuries last season would scare me enough not to invest too much to get him.

give 1st and 3rd. Maybe a player but not will smith. Just a roll player. with the 2nd round pick take matt forte. I would be great.

No way are we trading Will Smith. That would just be ironic, trading away our best defensive player...

No way are we trading Will Smith. That would just be ironic, trading away our best defensive player...

Yeah i was wondering where the will smith stuff was coming from as well.

Would depend on if the FO thinks they can get Smith to sign a descent contract extension, If they think they are going to lose him anyway then they might be willing to package him for a move up.

Would depend on if the FO thinks they can get Smith to sign a descent contract extension, If they think they are going to lose him anyway then they might be willing to package him for a move up.

Are we assuming the FO thinks they can't sign him?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom