Dorsey poll (1 Viewer)

Trade scenarios with Rams

• 1st and 2nd

Votes: 61 33.9%
  • Swap of 1st rounders and include next years #1

Votes: 62 34.4%
  • 1st and Will Smith (get a 2nd from St.Louis)

Votes: 31 17.2%
  • Next years 1st and Will Smith

Votes: 14 7.8%
  • This years 1st, 2nd and 3rd

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • 1st and Will Smith (get a third from St. Louis)

Votes: 9 5.0%

• Total voters

nextyear

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
What would you be most inclined to give up for Dorsey

I vote 1st and Will Smith (get St. Louis' 3rd).

Ideally, I would say to give 1st and 3rd, and swap 5th round picks. I believe that is more than fair to move up 8 spots. The economics will also be beneficial to St. Louis with this scenario as the difference between the 2nd pick and 10th pick is huge. In the trade with Will Smith, they will be forced to pay a player who is looking for Dwight Freeney money as well as the 10th pick. I don't see St. Louis wanting to do that.

Considering the new trade chart says a 1st and 3rd should get it done, I'd be inclined to go that route.

Giving up will smith to pick up a dt is like fixing a broken foot by shooting the other one. 1st and 2nd pick.....my vote.

I would not like such a deal at all - but I guess that depends on whether we can sign Will Smith to a long term deal -- if not then I would use him as trade bait

Yea, where is the choice for none of the above? In the poll that I did before, over 60 percent were not willing to give up another 1st, I can't imagine that Will Smith would be much different.

.....wait....were trading Will Smith? didnt know that....I think thats dumb, why would we do that...just makes another hole to fill....were not moving forward, were moving sideways.

.........(sarcasm off)

Don't go for Dorsey!!!! Do any of you remember this guy. I have a feeling that this could become our reality if we pick Dorsey. Sed Ellis if we are trading up, but only a couple of spots not all the way to the second or third.

5. Tim Krumrie's broken leg, 1989: The Bengals' All-Pro nose guard was trying to tackle 49ers running back Roger Craig in Super Bowl XXIII when his left ankle caught in the turf and twisted nearly 180 degrees. The result was two broken bones and gasps in living rooms throughout America. Krumrie had a 15-inch rod inserted in the leg and returned the next season, but was never the same player.

If we give up our 1st rounder for the next 2 years, that would give us a chance to move up to #1, and make a deal with Miami. (according to the new value chart). At this point that is the best way to aquire Dorsey. Right now I have doubts to find any other team willing to give up their spot and trade with the Saints.....until either the #5 slot with KC, or #7 slot with the Pats. I seriously doubt the Rams will trade with us, and chances are that even Ellis will be gone by the time they (KC) come up at #5. I think that Dorsey will go at #2, and Ellis probably ends up in Atlanta. I just don't see these 2 teams passing up on the best 2 defensive tackles in this draft. I noticed that both teams are in need of DTs, and right now many think that Ellis might be just as good, if not better than Dorsey.

#10 and next years 2nd rround is enough value by the new charts...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom