Dorsey VS Ellis (1 Viewer)

Nice find, DMF. I like the camera angles better on the Ellis clips because I can see the lines and blocking schemes better. In most of the clips on Dorsey, one can't tell what he comes through to make the tackle because the camera is behind the QB and it's impossible to see. The last clip of Dorsey is awesome, though. At the snap, two guys make a wall onto him and he brushes them off and nails the QB. Awesome play.
Both of them show serious motor in those clips. I will be so very stoked if we manage to land either one of these guys!

The only reason I like Dorsey over Ellis is, Dorsey was the man on his D.
While Ellis was just another stud on a D full of them.
Dorsey did everything last year with ALL EYES ON HIM, and had a great year.
Plus, Dorsey got his stats against the SEC!

If I put the homerism aside, I still say Dorsey. He played at a high level in the SEC through some extremely tough injuries during his college career.

Both are excellent, but neither may be available beyond pick 8 or 9. In short, the Saints should trade up for the cost of a 3rd round pick.

A 3rd round pick would be exact value to trade up to pick 8, but do you really think the Bengals are going to do a straight up deal, passing on one of their biggest needs? No, they'll try to get an edge in the deal. Expect it to cost us at least a 2nd to move up at all and it will only get more expensive to higher you go past 8.

Both are really high-level players. If pressed I'd take Dorsey, not because of heart because both guys have a lot of heart, but because I love the discipline with which he takes on the block, engages, gets off, and then makes plays. Ellis is more likely to flat out beat you off the snap (although Dorsey will sometimes do this, too). Both guys have special burst for their size, Ellis is probably a more polished pass-rusher, but Dorsey's disclipline and technique is awesome. I think Ellis will have more sacks and pressures, but Dorsey will have more TFL. I agree with the poster who said we could do this again in five years and still not have an answer. It'd be like choosing between Sapp and Glover in 2000.

Assuming both have healthy, long-lasting careers? And assuming both go to a system that suits their abilities with a coach who knows how to use them. I'd have to go with Dorsey. However he probably has the higher risk of injury and a shortened career.

All things being equal, you gotta go with Dorsey. He was better in college and won all the awards to back it up. And that was with being injured almost the entire time. Just imagine what he could do being fresh and injury free?

Either... Or....

"D" comes before "E"... so Dorsey it is.

But you can yell "Ellis" faster than you can "Dorsey"... so Ellis it is.

Either would be just ducky with me, ya'll.

I think they're both outstanding but the one thing that separates Dorsey for me is his heart,attitude and character.Not saying that Ellis doesn't have these things ,I'm just more familiar with Dorsey being in BR.Speaking of, does anybody know how Ellis's attitude is and if he has any character issues?

That's it for me too in one word, HEART. Dorsey seems to have much more heart.

That is also, IMHO, what was missing (compared to 2006) with last years Saints. Remember the Pittsburgh game? I know the Saints lost, but not without giving it ALL they had.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom