Dorsey VS Ellis (1 Viewer)

i would go with dorsey because he is bigger and stronger and they have pretty much the same burst off the line.

Dorsey has more potential IMO; I think Ellis has reached his potential in size and strength. Ellis and Dorsey are currently neck and neck as a product right now but long term Dorsey will continue to improve whereas I think Ellis is was he is. I also give Dorsey the edge in the intangibles.

I think they are different breeds so it's difficult to compare. Ellis fits more into the 2-gap technique more than Dorsey, who is seen as a 3-tech.

We need both long term so we could not go wrong with either if we had the chance to grab them.

is there anyway we can get them both? i would give up my entire draft next year to secure them both? Hey why not? I can dream

Dorsey, worried about ellis's height, not the size to 2 gap, and how long in a game can a round guy like him penetrate? we shall see, take Dorsey or the best cb.

I would go with Dorsey mainly because of his versatility.

Actually, Ellis is more versatile than Dorsey. Dorsey is a 3-tech guy. He cannot play the nose position. In addition, he'll say that he can play in a 3-4 but he would be very limited there. He'll give you heart and passionate play but he would not be as effective in that type of defense. Ellis, on other hand, can play the 3-technique and as a one-gap NT.

i would go with dorsey because he is bigger and stronger and they have pretty much the same burst off the line.

That's actually not correct. Ellis is bigger and is stronger. Heck, Ellis benched 225 34 times and called it a disappointment. Ellis weighs in at 306 to Dorsey's 297.

I do not think much separate the two in terms of pure talent. I think Ellis plays with better leverage and is the better pass rusher of the two. I think Dorsey uses his hands better. They're really identical. Both have non-stop motors although Ellis seems to have better endurance throughout an entire game. But I think the one thing that separates Dorsey, if you had to choose between the two, is his passion for the game. The guy plays with heart and has a sheer desire to succeed. As I heard Marshall Faulk and Soloman Wilcox allude to today, you really cannot quantify heart and desire. It may not show up in a workout but it will show all the time on the field and prevent a guy from being a bust.

I think Dorsey has more upside but Ellis has less injury issues. I also havnt seen Ellis play as much so its hard to say. Ultimately I think it depends what team drafts them. Coming to a team like us with two good ends would help boost their stats alot.

Can Dorsey and Ellis be considered the best DT prospects since Tommie Harris? Where do they rank up here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom