• No Way!

Votes: 19 73.1%

• Total voters

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Would you take a flight if this was the seating arrangement?
==================================

Hamburg (CNN) — Flying economy for any extended period of time is an experience usually endured rather than enjoyed, but one airplane seat designer reckons his design could revolutionize budget travel.

Alejandro Núñez Vicente's Chaise Longue Airplane Seat concept started small scale last year, as a college project for the then 21-year-old.

A nomination in the 2021 Crystal Cabin Awards -- a top prize in the aviation industry -- swiftly followed, and the design became the focus of a flurry of online attention following a CNN Travel article.

Since then, Núñez Vicente's been making waves in the world of aviation. He's paused his master's degree to pursue the project full time. He's in talks with big-name airlines and seat manufacturing companies. He's been granted some hefty investment that's allowed the project to develop.

But while some marvel at Núñez Vicente's innovation, others recoil, concerned about claustrophobia and convinced sitting underneath someone else would be worse, not better, than the current airplane economy set-up.

"I grow more from listening to the critics and listening to the bad comments, than from listening to the good comments and the flowers that they throw me," says Núñez Vicente, speaking to CNN Travel in Hamburg, Germany, where he's showcasing his design at the 2022 Aircraft Interiors Expo (AIX).

His design is for the everyday traveler, so Núñez Vicente says he's keen to hear what would-be fliers have to say, positive or negative.

"My purpose here is to change the economy class seats for the better of humanity, or for all the people that cannot afford to pay for more expensive tickets," he says.........

plane.jpg

I'm a hard pass

That looks like you're some bad turbulence from having your legs sheared off

And if you're in the bottom, that is right in the fart danger zone of the top
Yep, it only takes one taco on a bad day…. :jpshakehead:

If they do this they will have to make the cabin's taller to accommodate for the headroom clearance. What happens when they go through a tunnel now? I bet no one thought of that.

Morans.

Zero chance my legs could stay straight out like that for long after 2 back surgeries
If I'm looking at that right ... the bottom-seaters can put their legs down like normal. The lady is just putting her legs straight to demonstrate the legroom.

I watched half the video with the sound off, though -- maybe I missed something.

Would you take a flight if this was the seating arrangement?
==================================

Hamburg (CNN) — Flying economy for any extended period of time is an experience usually endured rather than enjoyed, but one airplane seat designer reckons his design could revolutionize budget travel.

Alejandro Núñez Vicente's Chaise Longue Airplane Seat concept started small scale last year, as a college project for the then 21-year-old.

A nomination in the 2021 Crystal Cabin Awards -- a top prize in the aviation industry -- swiftly followed, and the design became the focus of a flurry of online attention following a CNN Travel article.

Since then, Núñez Vicente's been making waves in the world of aviation. He's paused his master's degree to pursue the project full time. He's in talks with big-name airlines and seat manufacturing companies. He's been granted some hefty investment that's allowed the project to develop.

But while some marvel at Núñez Vicente's innovation, others recoil, concerned about claustrophobia and convinced sitting underneath someone else would be worse, not better, than the current airplane economy set-up.

"I grow more from listening to the critics and listening to the bad comments, than from listening to the good comments and the flowers that they throw me," says Núñez Vicente, speaking to CNN Travel in Hamburg, Germany, where he's showcasing his design at the 2022 Aircraft Interiors Expo (AIX).

His design is for the everyday traveler, so Núñez Vicente says he's keen to hear what would-be fliers have to say, positive or negative.

"My purpose here is to change the economy class seats for the better of humanity, or for all the people that cannot afford to pay for more expensive tickets," he says.........

plane.jpg

how the hell you get out if you are window seat? climb over the other 2 passengers?

This is a turrble idea

A new prototype of a double-decker plane seat has been unveiled, after previous images sparked furious online debate.

The Chaise Longue Economy Seat project by aircraft seat designer Alejandro Núñez Vicente first went viral last year.

At the time it was described as a “nightmare vision”, with one social media user commenting: “as if being on a plane isn’t miserable enough already.” Meanwhile, another person tweeted in response to the idea: “fresh hell just dropped.”

This week, the latest prototype for the double-decker seat is being shown to airline industry executives at the 2023 Aircraft Interiors Expo in Hamburg.

The double-decker design comprises two slanted layers of seating, configured diagonally on top of one another. This would also eradicate the need for overhead storage lockers, as luggage could be kept between the top and bottom rows.

Describing the initial backlash, Mr Núñez Vicente told CNN Travel yesterday: “To be honest, there’s no such thing as bad publicity.”..........

1686688174324.png

A new prototype of a double-decker plane seat has been unveiled, after previous images sparked furious online debate.

The Chaise Longue Economy Seat project by aircraft seat designer Alejandro Núñez Vicente first went viral last year.

At the time it was described as a “nightmare vision”, with one social media user commenting: “as if being on a plane isn’t miserable enough already.” Meanwhile, another person tweeted in response to the idea: “fresh hell just dropped.”

This week, the latest prototype for the double-decker seat is being shown to airline industry executives at the 2023 Aircraft Interiors Expo in Hamburg.

The double-decker design comprises two slanted layers of seating, configured diagonally on top of one another. This would also eradicate the need for overhead storage lockers, as luggage could be kept between the top and bottom rows.

Describing the initial backlash, Mr Núñez Vicente told CNN Travel yesterday: “To be honest, there’s no such thing as bad publicity.”..........

1686688174324.png

Who wants their face arse level of the person in front of you for an International Flight?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom