Double standards (1 Viewer)

thetownedrunkard

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
The SF 49ers backup QB sits during our anthem, ****** a majority of the population off, including veterans and cops, wears pig police socks, a segment of the population including most of the media yell 1st amendment, 1st amendment, 1stamemdment and hails him a hero.......49ers management does nothing, which I agree it is Kraponicks right.

The Seattle Mariners back up catcher exercises his 1st amendment rights and vents about the riots, BLM, Obama, and is quickly dismissed from the team without pay. Don't hear one word about his 1st amendment rights from the media....

Kinda seeing how someone like Trump got the GOP nomination now.

1st amendment protects freedom from arrest and jail. Neither happened. It is the Mariners right to not want to be associated with him.

The SF 49ers backup QB sits during our anthem, ****** a majority of the population off, including veterans and cops, wears pig police socks, a segment of the population including most of the media yell 1st amendment, 1st amendment, 1stamemdment and hails him a hero.......49ers management does nothing, which I agree it is Kraponicks right.

The Seattle Mariners back up catcher exercises his 1st amendment rights and vents about the riots, BLM, Obama, and is quickly dismissed from the team without pay. Don't hear one word about his 1st amendment rights from the media....

Well...a bunch of rich guys determine both of their fates. You need to ask them.

You should start by learning what your actual rights are under the 1st Amendment, while a moderator moves this post to the PBD, so we can school... er... assist you with your learning.

Funny thing, the self proclaimed conservatives are always talking about respect (respect the flag, respect the Anthem, etc), so surely, as a respectful conservative you seem to be, you surely appreciate Kaepernick's quiet, respectful act of protest, in contrast to an insult ridden tirade via twitter, calling the President of the U.S. an animal... right?

Well, I found what he said was deplorable and the Mariners thought so as well, so the benched him.
Screen_Shot_2016-09-23_at_1.40.51_PM.0.png
Screen_Shot_2016-09-23_at_1.41.03_PM.0.png

1st amendment protects freedom from arrest and jail. Neither happened. It is the Mariners right to not want to be associated with him.

It really is just that simple. :idunno:

To be fair, I don't think the OP is saying that Clavenger's rights were violated, but that the media came to Kap's rights' defense and not those of the catcher.

To be fair, I don't think the OP is saying that Clavenger's rights were violated, but that the media came to Kap's rights' defense and not those of the catcher.
Apples and oranges. One is silently protesting his perceived slights, the other is verbally assaulting an entire race and the POTUS while perpetuating a flat out lie.

I see what you're saying. Although the First Amendment applies to state action, not private employers, the OP's thread title was "Double Standard," which I think is his main point. Since it's two different organizations, though - and I don't know what the Mariners dude said, so maybe his dismissal had nothing to do with his political view - it's hard to use this as proof of a double standard. If both players had been with the same organization and been treated differently, I would question why.

As far as the media treatment being different, when did the dismissal of the catcher happen? I haven't seen anything on it, but I haven't frequented any sports sites in a few days either.

Double standards as usual. Silent majority will speak their minds come election time without repercussions.

Can't say what you want nowadays without offending someone. Glad that voting still is anonymous.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom