Double Trouble in the N.O. : Adam Trautman and Jared Cook (1 Viewer)

Good thing we don’t have many rookies (excluding UDFAs). I think Ruiz is the one that will have the biggest hurdle, being that he etched into a starting spot.
i was basically talking in general for the NFL, but like you said, good thing we dont have many.

Teams that have a guy who is big enough and fast enough to cover a TE like this have done a double take. Where do you find two?

we are built to move chains. We just need the online to gel and keep us out of extended range and our defense should also benefit greatly from the rest.

Dayton did a in depth review of Adam last year & what stood out was his overall strength & power. Even on some of his routes, his change of direction (hip movement is nice) was fluid ... especially considering he's a big kid.

I'll be curious to see how he's used in this Saints offense as a rookie.

I am one of those who thinks Brees will feed Cook like crazy this year especially in the redzone and big 3rd downs. We know Brees loves his big strong receivers. Remember when he force fed Jimmy G. imo, it seems like once Brees gets him a trusted huge target, he goes back to that target. With CGM and Kamara, teams won't be able to double Cook often. How many safeties or LBs can single cover Cook?

I am excited about Trautman, but think SP will bring him along slowly as long as Cook stays healthy.

He’s got impressive quickness and agility for a big dude. Couple that with Brees’ legendary ability to read defenses, this dude will be a monster on intermediate routes and double moves down the seam. Give Brees a half yard of separation and he’ll make the throw. This guy will give 2-3 yards of separation every time.

Yes! this will be exciting to watch Trautman and Cook on the field at the same time. I'm sure CSP already has a catalog of plays he will run with Trautman and Cook. I believe D-Coordinators are going to have nightmares going against our offense.

I am excited about Trautman, but think SP will bring him along slowly as long as Cook stays healthy.

I agree. Not many rookie TEs come in and make a huge impact immediately. But I think he'll be a big part of the red zone offense from day 1. I don't think there's a defense in the league that can account for MT, Sanders, Cook, Trautman, and AK all on the field at the same time. With those 5 guys on the field you have an absurd amount of size and short area quickness.

And just when the DC thinks he has an answer, Taysom comes jogging onto the field...

i was basically talking in general for the NFL, but like you said, good thing we dont have many.
Minny soota has 15 draft choices to try to figure out how to use.... SP and ML owned those guys.....Once again ahead of the curve by trading UP

I think this offense will eclipse the 2007, 2011 Patriots and the Greatest Show on Turf for most elite all-time
I can't recall any team that has boasted a 2-headed monster at TE, WR and a potential All Pro at RB in Kamara. Latavius is no slouch either and can bring it. All of this without even factoring in Harris and Taysom. If someone between TQS, Ty Montgomery and Fowler emerges as a reliable receiving threat that will be extra gravy.

What sets this offense apart from the Greatest Show on Turf is they didn't have a great T.E threat or a Wildcard weapon like Taysom.

When it comes in comparison to the 2007 Patriots NO has far better RBs and Tight Ends. Compared to the 2011 Patriots the Saints enjoy Superior WRs and Rbs.

Given we have Cook, J.Hill and T.Hill ready to play I'm not expecting a ton from him this year. Hopefully, we get a glimpse but I think Trautman is the future unless injuries force him into action.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom