Doug Gottlieb cracks a "White Man" joke on national TV (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
Awkward moment indeed. :embarr:

However, I see it as a corny attempt to bring humor on the set. The remaining panelists played it off, but the air in the room became THICK for a moment or two.

Have we (as a society) become HYPER-sensitive to issues like this? After all, I can't think of anyone who hasn't put their foot in their mouth a time or two (...or fifty)!

Y! SPORTS

Dont know....if it was a black man joke, would you still think the same way ?:scratch:

It's just a stupid joke to make and Gottlieb has been in broadcasting long enough to know that what might work on a weekday afternoon radio show listened to mostly by frat boys won't go as well in prime time television during one of the most-watched sporting events of the year. And I don't think anyone's calling for his head, or anything. It's just an awkward moment that, thanks to the Internet, will live forever instead of being quickly forgotten.

Well, it WILL be quickly forgotten, until Gottlieb expresses an opinion someone disagrees with, then they'll embed a YouTube clip of it in an Internet forum while calling him a complete tool.

Awkward moment indeed. :embarr:
Have we (as a society) become HYPER-sensitive to issues like this? After all, I can't think of anyone who hasn't put their foot in their mouth a time or two (...or fifty)!

Y! SPORTS

I don't think this is a case of hyper-sensitivity.

If you are going to make a race joke on a SPORTS show, it should be funny and at the very least, it should be an actual joke.

There is no punchline, its more of a race observation. It was unnecessary as we can see for ourselves so I don't understand the point. It looks like media trolling to me.

I think it was only awkward because it was the moment when everyone realized Greg Gumbel is technically black.

On a 1-10 scale, that was a .5 at best. He was just trying to fit in and really the guys kinda just blew around it. This is meh to the third power.

It could have been more funny if the others would have played along. They all just froze.

It was mildly humorous to unfunny. But it isn't offensive. I think it is more of a reflection on too many people in society who want to bring someone down just because they think they can. "He messed up! Get him!"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom