Dr Fauci Says Sports Can Return Without Fans (2 Viewers)

Brees may have to play that last season without fans in attendance unfortunately folks. As much as I know everyone wants to be there, it's just not the smart thing to do and the risk of someone potentially getting it severely and dying is just not worth it under any circumstance. The best hope is for those diagnosis instant tests to be available to everyone, antibody blood testing, and reliable treatment to be in place. With those three things available to everyone that may allow fans to attend at some point. Best thing we can do is stay home or as safe as possible so that we keep the numbers down.

He could still choose to play 2021. He’s under contract for 2021 and it’s not a voidable year.

Made me loose some liquids from my mouth.!

It's a given, that Fauci has been the head of a Government agency since '84. Thru six presidents.
But this is the first time, Politics aside, that a president has just thrown his recommendations to the heap.
We are nowhere's, not even close to 're-opening' this country as usual. Frankly, we might not ever be able to, because of the de-funding from the right of basic health care for all.
If everyone, and that's everyone, not just the super rich, can't get a simple test for this puppy, we won't see any sports gatherings, let alone life as 'normal', for years to come.
Still boggles the mind that corporate interests are above the health and well being of this country. Back in December of last year the warning signs became public of this virus, but yet it was nothing but a hoax, from the head of our democracy.
Blame it on the WHO, the Liberal Media, whomever? Blame is not the answer! Get it so that everyone can be tested and we can move on. But No!
Someone at the top of this Government is keeping that from happening, even with the largest 'bailout' that you and I will be paying for until we die was just approved, with more coming down the pipeline.
To get this cleared up, we have to put pressure on our counties/parishes, state and local reps, and the Federal government to do what's right for all, and not just doners. Again, politics aside!
Longer View- Even professional sports is not an 'essential business' no matter how much I'll miss it!
All the Best, and stay safe!
Brad
My god, whatever fits your narrative. FaucI himself said yesterday that Trump has heeded his advice every time he‘s given it. Seems to me you may be blinded by your personal politics and agenda. Take that crap to the other sub-forum that starts with a P.

So, only the rich can go back to work or enjoy themselves? Fauci has made some dubious calls during his time in this spotlight.
Isn't that what's happening now? I mean if the elites were being hurt with these lockdowns, there would be an end to them immediately and a more palpable policy would be out forth. How do you think Jeff Bezos is faring?

I'm sorry. I didn't see an infectious disease expert on my ballot.
Probably for the best. If we voted him in we would probably end up with a self serving, egotistical, buffoon... we are much better off with Dr. Fauci who is at the very pinnacle of knowledge in his field and makes his recommendations based on careful examination of the facts with the welfare of our society and citizens in mind.

Probably for the best. If we voted him in we would probably end up with a self serving, egotistical, buffoon... we are much better off with Dr. Fauci who is at the very pinnacle of knowledge in his field and makes his recommendations based on careful examination of the facts with the welfare of our society and citizens in mind.
So are you saying we should entrust the decisions on what's best for the entire country to an epidemiologist/immunologist? I don't think so. I would think Fauci would even admit to that. In fact I think he has. For the most part, he tends to stay in his lane. I wish this subject would be moved to another forum. We really get nothing out of it. I'll end this post by saying if the country is still in this lockdown by the end of the summer, as per what we are hearing from some of these petty tyrants we call mayors and governors, we won't have a country, or a society. A lack of football will be the least of our problems.

Frankly, we might not ever be able to, because of the de-funding from the right of basic health care for all.
If everyone, and that's everyone, not just the super rich, can't get a simple test for this puppy, we won't see any sports gatherings, let alone life as 'normal', for years to come.
LOL, get your popcorn ready dude, because the shock and awe are coming.

Brees may have to play that last season without fans in attendance unfortunately folks. As much as I know everyone wants to be there, it's just not the smart thing to do and the risk of someone potentially getting it severely and dying is just not worth it under any circumstance. The best hope is for those diagnosis instant tests to be available to everyone, antibody blood testing, and reliable treatment to be in place. With those three things available to everyone that may allow fans to attend at some point. Best thing we can do is stay home or as safe as possible so that we keep the numbers down.

In my recent memory, Brees signed a deal for 2 years right ?
If this season is played without the fans something that I hope will not happen, he could be there for the next year with the fans !

Let’s pray that this virus will be gone, the fans and the atmosphere is one of our strengths.

There would always be that possibility. But it would be hugely mitigated and perhaps even nullified by quarantining. And by then, there will almost certainly be a lot more testing available to justify consistent testing multiple times a week.

There are billions of dollars at stake for both the players and owners. And you now have the doctor who is heading up the task force practically advocating for it.

This virus is awful and I know many people haven’t taken it seriously enough. But having Fauci advocating the idea with health officials, players and owners all on board would seem to be a fair, safe and logical tipping point to me.

^
^
^

Thank you

Reading a lot of comments on here you can see how many people's attitudes have been affected.

Which is understandable

When your stuck in a house for months, you tend to stop thinking so positively.

Look I'm No Expert but Fauci is, so I'm going to tend to lean to what he says, rather then someone's best guess

who made this Bill Gates board member the expert on everything? in january he was on TV saying the US had nothing to worry about. and in late febuary he said as long as youre healthy go on cruises,,,smh

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom