Question Dr. Phil, incredible visionary or bully pulpit blowhard? (1 Viewer)

SigFreudianSlip

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
As my wife and are lying down in bed reading our tiny computers....I notice her listening to a Dr. Phil clip and immediately felt my blood pressure rise. Illogical yes, I know. I think he is a blowhard and a bully and also think that he should be very thankful to Oprah for making him at all relevant.

What say you ladies and gents? Is he an amazing genius that deserves to be lauded, or a blowhard that should be tuned out?

Or, tacoes?

And no, I don’t watch him. Both my first and present wife do, so I am sometimes forced to remember he exists and also has a platform.

As my wife and are lying down in bed reading our tiny computers....I notice her listening to a Dr. Phil clip and immediately felt my blood pressure rise. Illogical yes, I know. I think he is a blowhard and a bully and also think that he should be very thankful to Oprah for making him at all relevant.

What say you ladies and gents? Is he an amazing genius that deserves to be lauded, or a blowhard that should be tuned out?

Or, tacoes?

And no, I don’t watch him. Both my first and present wife do, so I am sometimes forced to remember he exists and also has a platform.
if someone reads horoscopes for diversion/entertainment, then meh
if they try to modify their behavior in accordance of the horoscope then that's problematic
Dr Phil is televised horoscopes
from what ive gathered from what youve said about your wife's job, it sounds pretty high stress
she probably watches dr phil for brain doritoes

my wife watches cheesy vampire tv shows
i visit SR on occasion

On occasion, lol.

Don’t care for Dr. Phil. Watched him for a while, he was somewhat amusing at first. Got tired of the attitude.

Don’t like Dr. Oz either. FWIW.

if someone reads horoscopes for diversion/entertainment, then meh
if they try to modify their behavior in accordance of the horoscope then that's problematic
Dr Phil is televised horoscopes
from what ive gathered from what youve said about your wife's job, it sounds pretty high stress
she probably watches dr phil for brain doritoes

my wife watches cheesy vampire tv shows
i visit SR on occasion

Spot on about my wife’s job. You’re probably right. I’m going to chalk it up to that.
She does need to zone out....and she not only watches brain Doritos she eats Doritos too, all night as it’s always 4:20 for her. ?
Hmmm.
Vampire shows....
Twilight?
Buffy the Vampire Slayer?
The one I’ve heard the ladies love the most....think it’s called The Vampire Diaries?
Did I get any of em right for your wife?

ETA:
@guidomerkinsrules
You got me on horoscopes Guido. I was asked to check mine out a long time ago, so I acquiesced. It fit me very much. Perhaps I’m a little kooky? Lol it definitely fit me though.
Aries male.

On occasion, lol.

Don’t care for Dr. Phil. Watched him for a while, he was somewhat amusing at first. Got tired of the attitude.

Don’t like Dr. Oz either. FWIW.

Exactly my take, this clip was Phil browbeating an obviously traumatized child, and literally making her feel smaller than she already did.
Bullshirt. Congrats Phil, you can outsmart a young child. Dick. Like I said, imo he should REALLY thank Oprah.

Spot on about my wife’s job. You’re probably right. I’m going to chalk it up to that.
She does need to zone out....and she not only watches brain Doritos she eats Doritos too, all night as it’s always 4:20 for her. ?
Hmmm.
Vampire shows....
Twilight?
Buffy the Vampire Slayer?
The one I’ve heard the ladies love the most....think it’s called The Vampire Diaries?
Did I get any of em right for your wife?

ETA:
@guidomerkinsrules
You got me on horoscopes Guido. I was asked to check mine out a long time ago, so I acquiesced. It fit me very much. Perhaps I’m a little kooky? Lol it definitely fit me though.
Aries male.
i think the one she's watching now is called "The Originals"

I met Dr. Phil once. We were supposed to appear on his show, but after meeting us in person he decided there were just too many issues. He mumbled something about Jerry Springer on his way out of the green room.

Odd guy.

I met Dr. Phil once. We were supposed to appear on his show, but after meeting us in person he decided there were just too many issues. He mumbled something about Jerry Springer on his way out of the green room.

Odd guy.

Are you being flippant, Flip?
I like Springer way more than Phil, regardless. Lol

i was with you for a second there

That’s progress and beautiful.

Odd guy.

As squirrels run rampant thru my mind...
Green Room made me think of a fantastic movie of the same name. What. A. Gem.

Attachments

• A235BCA9-772E-44BA-9E5C-FE88681DB5A6.png
    A235BCA9-772E-44BA-9E5C-FE88681DB5A6.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
I don't watch Dr Phil but I do think he's a pretty bright individual. I've seen interviews with him where he does show intelligence and a large amount of common sense so I do like him. Don't care for the show though.

Are you being flippant, Flip?
I like Springer way more than Phil, regardless. Lol
My wife hates it when I watch Jerry ... but I absolutely love yelling “Jerry, Jerry” while watching ... well, I’m still not totally sure, but either actors or some of the most outlandishly foolish people this world has ever known. #mybrainDoritos

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom