Dr Russell Humphreys (1 Viewer)

You gotta be selective in the colder climes. Salmon, walleye and dungeness crabs are all fantastic. Your basic trout may or may not be. Same with bass and catfish.

I want to try dungeness crabs. Haven't tasted before.

I love 'em. They're a good size to make it worthwhile taking 'em apart. I've tried blue crabs and while they're very tasty, it's a ton of effort to get just a little meat.

I love 'em. They're a good size to make it worthwhile taking 'em apart. I've tried blue crabs and while they're very tasty, it's a ton of effort to get just a little meat.

Pretty much. I tend to avoid crabs because I feel like they're too much work. I do love king crab legs and that's usually worth the mess, but with dungeness, no idea what it's like to deal with em. I'd cook some at home to try them out, but I've never cooked crab at home. Boiled crawfish and shrimp, but I dunno how similar it would be for crab.

I've caught, boiled, crushed, and ate a LOT of dungeness via spending lots of time on a boat up around Vancouver in a couple years. It's not really worth the effort IMO. Most people couldn't distinguish it from other crabs, at least that's what I'd guess.

Facepalms for both of you dissing blue crabs. :nono: ? Maybe you're being served old reconstituted something, but here when you pull them out of the hot water, they peel easily. Papershells.

In the beginning God said let there be light. In an explosion the first thing you see is light. I'm not saying that God couldn't have used the big bang theory to create the heavens and the earth. Just that we don't know how he did it and that Dr Humphreys theory is just as reasonable as the big bang theory. Nobody knows. Either could be true or neither. All I know is that God created this universe. Not a coincidental explosion that happened in happenstance. To believe that takes way more faith than believing in an all mighty God. The evidence for God out weighs the evidence against.

Believe all you want to believe, but there is absolutely no scientific evidence that a god exists, much less your god.

Facepalms for both of you dissing blue crabs. :nono: ? Maybe you're being served old reconstituted something, but here when you pull them out of the hot water, they peel easily. Papershells.

Well, I'd love for you to teach me to get them like that. Unless they're soft shelled crabs, I've not had much fun taking them apart, hehe.

Attachments

• srcrabsms.JPG
    srcrabsms.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 3

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom