Dr Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (Spoilers Within) (1 Viewer)

I had a tough time those first few episodes as well, but it gets a lot better. IMO, it's a must watch. As for Agent Carter, for anyone that hasn't seen it, watch the One Shot on D+, if it's still there.
The series Agent Carter is on there as well, both seasons. You have to scroll way down until you reach the "Marvel Series and Specials" row. I watched it all when it came out and enjoyed both seasons a lot.

I think you can get by without watching the TV shows. It does help, but it's not necessarily needed imo.
No, I think you had to watch at least some of it.

Anyone who didn't, or wasn't aware of it is going to ask.. "wait, what kids?" Takes away a ton of the emotional impact.

No, I think you had to watch at least some of it.

Anyone who didn't, or wasn't aware of it is going to ask.. "wait, what kids?" Takes away a ton of the emotional impact.
Yeah, the kids' backstory does help. But not knowing their origins doesn't take away from the core theme of the movie imo. If you're just set on watching the movies, it won't be the same, but you'll still know enough to follow along.

Yeah, the kids' backstory does help. But not knowing their origins doesn't take away from the core theme of the movie imo. If you're just set on watching the movies, it won't be the same, but you'll still know enough to follow along.
I don't know. MoM feels like a direct sequel to WV. They make multiple references to they events of that show.

Just anecdotally, my brother doesn't keep up with the MCU at all, just dropped in cold on MoM for my birthday and enjoyed it a lot. Of course he's a Sam Raimi fan, but he didn't have a problem keeping up.

Just anecdotally, my brother doesn't keep up with the MCU at all, just dropped in cold on MoM for my birthday and enjoyed it a lot. Of course he's a Sam Raimi fan, but he didn't have a problem keeping up.
It's definitely a Raimi movie. If I had watched without knowing he was the director, I would have figured it out pretty quickly.

It's definitely a Raimi movie. If I had watched without knowing he was the director, I would have figured it out pretty quickly.

So that was a fun thing for my brother, he didn't know it was Raimi either until he started watching it. He said he wondered why he was enjoying it so much b/c it's not his type of movie, but he started figuring out when he saw Bruce Campbell.

So that was a fun thing for my brother, he didn't know it was Raimi either until he started watching it. He said he wondered why he was enjoying it so much b/c it's not his type of movie, but he started figuring out when he saw Bruce Campbell.
Even some of the camera tricks were vintage Raimi. There is scene early on where they do a sort of spinning shot where doors quickly close. That's right out of Evil Dead. They went for more of a horror vibe and it worked for me.

Even some of the camera tricks were vintage Raimi. There is scene early on where they do a sort of spinning shot where doors quickly close. That's right out of Evil Dead. They went for more of a horror vibe and it worked for me.

Yeah it was awesome, made me super happy while I was watching it, and I was looking for that sort of thing, so it was cool to be rewarded.

I don't know. MoM feels like a direct sequel to WV. They make multiple references to they events of that show.
Sure, I think a lot would depend on the type of viewer, but I just feel like it was a movie that stands on it's own, but knowing the back story does make the viewing experience that much better too.

I am embarrassingly behind, but I finally caught it the other night and really enjoyed it.

Still need to see the new Thor, but excited to see where phase 4 is headed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom