Dr Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (Spoilers Within) (1 Viewer)

I just saw it tonight. I REALLY wanted to love it but ended up only liking it. It's a good movie, no doubt, but maybe my expectations were too high.
While I did enjoy the "cameos" of Black Bolt, Prof X, Reed Richards and to a lesser extent the Capt. Marvel & Capt. America variants, this felt like they blew a golden opportunity for some WAY TOO BIG cameo moments, like a Wolverine, Hulk, Colossus, Nightcrawler or on the villainous side Mr. Sinister, Dr. Doom, Magneto, etc... Or something even crazier which I know wouldn't happen but a crossover from DC like a Green Lantern or Flash. Yes, yes, yes, I know that wouldn't happen this early into the multiverse. I am just saying, I was awaiting a WOW moment and while Prof X came close, it wasn't.

But to be fair, I was disappointed when I found out that the Scarlet Witch was the antagonist. So, my bias might be my own undoing here. And in essence, I may be picking at nits. lol

Now for the good.

I thought it was imaginative, very much so. I thought Scarlet Witch's attack on Kamar-Taj was spectacular. I thought the special effects were awesome. I found it funny in some scenes and poignant in others. Benedict Cumberbatch can do no wrong on the screen for me. This movie pretty much showed how Wanda fully unleashed could have probably handled Thanos alone. She was a beast. Dr. Strange occupying the body of a dead variant in order to fight the Scarlet Witch was pretty amazing. Again, this was a good movie.

I just saw it tonight. I REALLY wanted to love it but ended up only liking it. It's a good movie, no doubt, but maybe my expectations were too high.
While I did enjoy the "cameos" of Black Bolt, Prof X, Reed Richards and to a lesser extent the Capt. Marvel & Capt. America variants, this felt like they blew a golden opportunity for some WAY TOO BIG cameo moments, like a Wolverine, Hulk, Colossus, Nightcrawler or on the villainous side Mr. Sinister, Dr. Doom, Magneto, etc... Or something even crazier which I know wouldn't happen but a crossover from DC like a Green Lantern or Flash. Yes, yes, yes, I know that wouldn't happen this early into the multiverse. I am just saying, I was awaiting a WOW moment and while Prof X came close, it wasn't.

But to be fair, I was disappointed when I found out that the Scarlet Witch was the antagonist. So, my bias might be my own undoing here. And in essence, I may be picking at nits. lol

Now for the good.

I thought it was imaginative, very much so. I thought Scarlet Witch's attack on Kamar-Taj was spectacular. I thought the special effects were awesome. I found it funny in some scenes and poignant in others. Benedict Cumberbatch can do no wrong on the screen for me. This movie pretty much showed how Wanda fully unleashed could have probably handled Thanos alone. She was a beast. Dr. Strange occupying the body of a dead variant in order to fight the Scarlet Witch was pretty amazing. Again, this was a good movie.
This wasn't that type of movie. Not certain I would've had Marvel and Carter as a part of the Illuminati, but Reed, Black Bolt, and Xavier are a given. I figure Mordo made snese only because he replaced Strange-838 as Sorcerer Supreme. I actually wouldn't have minded if they would've introduce Namor at that point (though I'm still not certain if Marvel got the movie rights to Namor back or not).

I don't know, I don't watch them, I go to the theater and watch it the way I'm supposed to. I download torrents of everything else though.
I need a new torrent site. The ones I ventured to went under and you couldn't pay me to go to the Pirate Bay.

This wasn't that type of movie. Not certain I would've had Marvel and Carter as a part of the Illuminati, but Reed, Black Bolt, and Xavier are a given. I figure Mordo made snese only because he replaced Strange-838 as Sorcerer Supreme. I actually wouldn't have minded if they would've introduce Namor at that point (though I'm still not certain if Marvel got the movie rights to Namor back or not).

I need a new torrent site. The ones I ventured to went under and you couldn't pay me to go to the Pirate Bay.
Mine has been around for more than 5 years and I have an invite I can send you if you want one.
They thought about including Namor in the Illuminati but were told that they had plans for his introduction.

Mine has been around for more than 5 years and I have an invite I can send you if you want one.
They thought about including Namor in the Illuminati but were told that they had plans for his introduction.
I appreciate that. Please do.

The kids and I finally got to go see it this afternoon. Enjoyed it.

Loved the music battle.
Loved Prof X and the X-Men theme.
HATED Prof X getting killed so easily. One of the most powerful telepaths got taken out like a birch? Come on now.
Wanda taking out the Illuminati so easily - another nope - either she was way too overpowered or they were underpowered.
I know Wanda brought the house down on herself, but I can't imagine she's actually dead.

Is the location of Kamar Taj an openly known thing? How did Wanda just come on over?

The kids and I finally got to go see it this afternoon. Enjoyed it.

Loved the music battle.
Loved Prof X and the X-Men theme.
HATED Prof X getting killed so easily. One of the most powerful telepaths got taken out like a birch? Come on now.
Wanda taking out the Illuminati so easily - another nope - either she was way too overpowered or they were underpowered.
I know Wanda brought the house down on herself, but I can't imagine she's actually dead.

Is the location of Kamar Taj an openly known thing? How did Wanda just come on over?
Maybe she's able to use the darkhold and go wherever so long as she knows the name of the place. Or maybe detect a large presence of sorcerers.

we saw it yesterday...i thought it was mostly good....felt different from the typical filler MCU movies

i rank it somewhere in the middle

So, where does the post credit scene from Shang-Chi fit in all of this? I thought he was going to be helping Wong fight against Wanda.

So, where does the post credit scene from Shang-Chi fit in all of this? I thought he was going to be helping Wong fight against Wanda.

I think that post-credit scene is going to feed into something more cosmic than multiversal. I think we are about to see something of an MCU split where some movies (No Way Home, MoM, Ant-Man) focus on the multiverse and some (GotG, Thor, FF) focus on the cosmic.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom