Dr Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (Spoilers Within) (2 Viewers)

captain marvel death was a bit suss for me. She has literally flown though huge space ships, was tossed through walls without injury but she died because a large statue fell on her? I don’t think so.

captain marvel death was a bit suss for me. She has literally flown though huge space ships, was tossed through walls without injury but she died because a large statue fell on her? I don’t think so.
While I agree, I do think she was weakened by the fight with Scarlet Witch. That said, I didn't think she was RIP as much as she probably didn't have the strength left to fight back after all that.

Every time she flew through a ship she was powered up, she wasn't when the statue fell on her.

She also could have just been defeated and not dead. She expended a tremendous amount of energy and it looks like Wanda was draining her. For all we know she was just incapacitated instead of killed

She also could have just been defeated and not dead. She expended a tremendous amount of energy and it looks like Wanda was draining her. For all we know she was just incapacitated instead of killed
It's also a different Universe, so we don't know that they're as powerful as they would be in 616. I rewatched SpiderMan NWH this weekend, and Electro states that the power in this Universe feels different. Maybe I missed something, but I think a lot of people have strong ties to a team that only has a few minutes of screentime.

So I completely forgot about this one but when Dr. Strange was buring his variant and Wong said it would probably violate an ordinance Strange says, "I've buried worse." What's worse than a literal human corpse?

Saw it a 2nd time and wanted to mention the things I noticed.
The first 2 will touch on what's already been mentioned. Dr. Strange's comment to Reed about their name, "Didn't you guys chart in the 60s?" So definitely a 60s music reference. I mentioned before about the xmen theme I saw at the end, it said "X-Men '97 theme" so that has to be the animated version of Professor X. Speaking of him, I noticed something new today. After Wanda snapped his neck and they showed her face, she looked shocked before things made her attention move elsewhere. It was kind of subtle but I'll bet money that one could notice that after it comes out on digital or blu-ray if not live in the theater. So those spirits said it was forbidden for him to possess a dead body. Why? They are literally damned souls, why would possessing a dead person be forbidden especially seeing as how it is a spell from the Darkhold? One last thing, how awful were the Illuminati, and I mean their decision to kill their Strange? Sure, he used the Darkhold and caused an incursion but he literally turned himself in and helped them find the book of Vishanti and defeat Thanos. What does he get for it? Murdered. Wanda has an excuse, she was corrupted by the Darkhold so it wasn't really her fault whereas they CHOOSE to murder the man that made their victory possible. And let's not even mention the "smartest man in the world" giving away what Black Bolt can do thus insuring his death 5 seconds later or Mordo thinking that a telepath in X didn't know what he was talking about when he told Strange to go get the book of Vishanti and stop Wanda.

Can someone update the thread title? Thought we were cleared to go full spoilers.

Finally saw it. We all loved it. So very Sam Raimi. A great deal of it reminded me of the "Evil Dead' movies - especially Bruce Campbell slugging himself, which brought my mind back to the windmill scene in Army of Darkness. So funny!

A couple of things:
I'd be warned it was gruesome, but since I've seen many Raimi films, I was expecting a lot worse than what it was, so didn't find it that gruesome, though I do think it would scare children. Again, many Raimi touches all over this film, especially the horror elements (and particularly the scene where Wanda suddenly appeared out of the mist and tore Xavier's head in two), and all very well done.

Not sure why everyone is all geeked out by the "Fantastic Four? Didn't you guys chart in the 60s?" line. Are we all wearing such "Marvel blinders" that we don't catch such an obvious Beatles joke? Have the "Fab Four" truly left our group consciousness?

I don't believe Wanda is dead. Frankly, in the Marvel universe, comic or cinematic, when any character isn't shown dying, I'm assuming they're alive. Wanda is buried, but I'm betting the new Vision will be pulling her out and redeeming sometime in the near future.

I'm still left wondering how they're going to include Wiccan and Speed into the New Avengers/West Coast Avengers/Thunderbolts group that is slowly being assembled over these films.

However, America Chavez is now in the picture for that new group. Side note: since she is Hispanic, shouldn't her name be pronounced "ah-muh-ree-kah"?

With the Loki season-ender, I was kind of expecting Kang to show up in this, but still waiting on that to begin. Also trying to figure out how what's going on in Loki will tie into the overarching MCU story line.

Crea appearing at the end and getting Strange to follow her to the Dark Dimension isn't a sign of "evil" creeping into him. While she is the niece of Dormammu, she is a sworn enemy of him and not evil at all. In the comics, Crea becomes Dr. Strange's wife. She also exiles Dormammu and becomes ruler of the Dark Dimension, but is a benevolent "Queen" helping those who live there keep Dormammu or any of the other powerful evil beings related to him from returning.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom