Dr Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (Spoilers Within) (2 Viewers)

I loved the movie. Watched in theatre and rewatched on D+ this week.

I think we’re still very much in the post-endgame table-setting phase, where this whole storyline, starting with WandaVision, has been about creating a younger generation of superheroes, with Wanda’s kids, America Chavez, and maybe some other younger kids in the fold in preparation for them being major players in the future. The boys are pretty young, but this is obviously a multi-year plan.

I do believe Prime Wanda is actually dead, but we’ve already been introduced to her replacement—“good” Wanda that already has kids without any of the baggage. So we basically get to have Wanda with kids, even though Vision’s been gone since endgame, with no Westview baggage. The next time we see Wanda, she’ll be fully on the good guys squad.
Personally, I think 616 Wanda is still alive. Even if the "good" Wanda of 838 shows back up, she isn't nearly as powerful at this point. It would almost be a regression for the character.

At AwesomeCon, during her panel, Hayley Atwell said she'd be open to doing a Captain Carter movie but she's done playing Agent Carter. She's only interested in taking the character forward, as the main character and not a supporting one.
Sounds good to me. I enjoyed her as Agent Carter. But I agree with her. She should have her own movie in a leading role. She was great even if is was a bit of a cameo, in Dr. Strange MoM.

Personally, I think 616 Wanda is still alive. Even if the "good" Wanda of 838 shows back up, she isn't nearly as powerful at this point. It would almost be a regression for the character.
Definitely agree with this.

I'm all in on a Captain Carter movie/series. Even if it's from an alternate universe, I'm good with it. I don't know what it is, but I love beautiful ladies with a British accent. Hayley Atwell, Elizabeth Henstridge (Jemma in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D), Tatiana Maslany (She-Hulk and Orphan Black), Erin Kellyman (Karli/Flag Smasher - Falcon and Winter Soldier), Rose Leslie (Ygritte - Game of Thrones) etc, etc. For most of them, their voices are so...ahhh, sultry, lol.
What if "you caused an incursion, were going to fix it" was actually referring to the start of an incursion between 616 and another universe? it is showing its first impacts in the dark dimension but will spread.

Maybe we end up with some sort of solution where the incursion is prevented... but some people spill over, or blend, or change to have traits of their other selves. Or maybe a failure where only 616 is saved and there are refugees.

Mutants, good Wanda and/or her kids, etc

What if "you caused an incursion, were going to fix it" was actually referring to the start of an incursion between 616 and another universe? it is showing its first impacts in the dark dimension but will spread.

Maybe we end up with some sort of solution where the incursion is prevented... but some people spill over, or blend, or change to have traits of their other selves. Or maybe a failure where only 616 is saved and there are refugees.

I'm definitely thinking this might be how we get mutants in the main MCU.

That's a very plausible direction for them to choose.

I'm all in on a Captain Carter movie/series. Even if it's from an alternate universe, I'm good with it. I don't know what it is, but I love beautiful ladies with a British accent. Hayley Atwell, Elizabeth Henstridge (Jemma in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D), Tatiana Maslany (She-Hulk and Orphan Black), Erin Kellyman (Karli/Flag Smasher - Falcon and Winter Soldier), Rose Leslie (Ygritte - Game of Thrones) etc, etc. For most of them, their voices are so...ahhh, sultry, lol.
I like pretty much any non American accent.

watched it two nights ago- solid not great, and was the first mcu movie where you HAD to have seen one of the tv shows, which I'm not a fan of.

watched it two nights ago- solid not great, and was the first mcu movie where you HAD to have seen one of the tv shows, which I'm not a fan of.
Agree. I did not watch Wanda Vision. I made it through 4 episodes and just lost interest.

I think you can get by without watching the TV shows. It does help, but it's not necessarily needed imo.

Agree. I did not watch Wanda Vision. I made it through 4 episodes and just lost interest.
I had a tough time those first few episodes as well, but it gets a lot better. IMO, it's a must watch. As for Agent Carter, for anyone that hasn't seen it, watch the One Shot on D+, if it's still there.

Watch the rest. Yes, it starts out weird and slow, but you gave up one episode too soon. IMHO, WandaVision is the best of the Disney+ TV series so far because of how cleverly it was written, including the excellent job of characterization. I did have have one big gripe about something revealed in the last episode, but that something is only a sidebar to the main narrative.

Daredevil is still the best TV series by far, but WandaVision was excellent. You just have to see it through to where what's happening makes sense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom