Dr. Z - Saints have manipulated the turf (1 Viewer)

TulsaSaint

Sem medo de ser feliz
Reaction score
Sigh. So I was watching a video on the front page of SI.com, and they are trying this stupid gimmick of having a model and Dr. Z debate who is going to win the games. Naturally, the model knows more than he does. Anyway, he stated that the Saints will beat the Ravens because we have intentionally created a slow turf in the Superdome to help our slow secondary keep up with other team's fast receivers. Anybody think there is anything to this?

I think that if this were the case, someone would have caught Reggie Brown on his 60-yard reception two weeks ago. But, no, he outran Bullocks and McKenzie and everyone else on his way to the end zone. That slow turf didn't seem to slow Reggie Bush down on his punt return against Tampa Bay, did it?

So the Saints are winning at home because of the turf. Apparently the turf only slows down the other team, not the Saints. God, the stupidity.

*sarcasm on* I've been saying since the Atlanta game that Turf should definitely be M.V.P. this year. *sarcasm off*

It does not make sense unless the Saints have special cleats that make them immune to the same turf. If the other teams WRs are slowed down then our secondary would be even slower.

What a goof.

I thought we traded Turf to Dallas during the bye week. Glad that he's still here. Turf is a BEAST

It's all true... The Superdome has a special "space-age" "smart" turf, that reckognizes Saints players and does not hinder their speed while at the same time slows down the opponents. It's really something special, and it's the reason we're 5-1. It has nothing to do with good coaching and good players... it's ALL turf baby!

/sarcasm off

That is so mentally challenged. It is well known that new turfs like this take a while to settle in. We are not the first team to go through this with our turf. Our turf will settle in and be easier to play on.

I find the idea that we "manipulated" the turf highly insulting. I hope all the teams out there don't take us seriously as well, it will help us beat them.

It does not make sense unless the Saints have special cleats that make them immune to the same turf. If the other teams WRs are slowed down then our secondary would be even slower.

What a goof.

I couldn't agree more. We play on the same turf. If we were to intentionally do something to the turf to slow it down (which I doubt is even possible) it would have the same effect on our offensive burners.

I hear Miami has invited Turf in for a tryout. Why not? God knows they have invited everyone else that ever played the game in over the last year. *L*

It's all true...the Superdome fixup included hiring a battalion of fairies, gnomes, and oompa loompas. They routinley hold midnight dance till you drop marathons on the Mardi-turf.

This of course is all held on the visitors side of the field.

I couldn't agree more. We play on the same turf. If we were to intentionally do something to the turf to slow it down (which I doubt is even possible) it would have the same effect on our offensive burners.

Uhhh, we have offensive burners? *L*

Just kiddin. *S*

The slow turf is expected for any new field just installed. It will get faster in the next year or two as it settles. That's all it is. No competive edge or anything like that. Besides, why would we intentionally slow down a player like reggie bush?

Guys I am going to let you in on a little secret not known on this board. I am turf's agent. Turfs made partly of magnet. You know those little circles you put the laces through on your shoes? Know what they are made of? Yup, steel. What Turf does is turn up the power of his magnets around the other teams players. Not all the way of course, but enough to slow them down.
While other teams have indeed contacted us Turf and I want to assure you that we are a part of New Orleans and we are going no where. Just recently we signed a contract with Mr. Benson and SMG to remain here for the rest of our career.
We look forward to many successful home games. However, due to restrictions we will not be traveling to away games. Consider it something along the lines of house arrest.

Peace

If the Saints were really concerned about other teams' WRs...it would be much easier to just acquire faster CBs. That way, they'd keep up with them at home and away.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom