Draft Anything but LB in the first. (1 Viewer)

Just be a playmaker on defense, I don't care where they line up just be someone that can help improve the defensive side of the ball
Basically this, but I do have a front 7 pref (pre free agency). Sacks or ints is what I want.

The only way I dont draft a defensive player with the 1st round pick is if we need to replace Bushrod.

I wouldn't feel safe replacing Bushrod with the 15th pick in the draft. Joeckel, Fisher and Johnson will most probably be gone by 15.

While I agree we shouldn't take just anybody on D @ 15, I wouldn't draft offense in rd 1. First off, we can always get better, we are tops in the league on offense already. Even with a down year, when Drew had a few more bad games, when our run game wasn't all that, Drew still led the league in a few categories & the O as a whole was right up there.

Secondly, our D has been a "make do" D since Payton has been here. We get by there, we are back burner there. Its time to bring them up a notch.

Third, we find gems in the later rounds on offense. We do it every year. We can do it again.

I said all that to say, if there's value @ 15 on D at a need position, we pull the trigger. Anything else, we need to trade back. I know everybody wants a Calvin Johnson for Brees to throw to, but he's tops in the league without that guy. He has Optimus Graham, Sproles, Moore, PT on screens, and Morgan & Toon in the wings.

For god's sake, fix the squeaky wheel already!

Plus rep. Not because I agree with you, but because you actually explain the reasoning for what you are thinking. I can respect that. Good post.

I can see taking anything but a WR, RB, OT, QB, or K in the first. Whatever we take, it better be a good one. If we go offense, it better be an OT or TE that can protect Drew and help our running game.

Sproles is not getting any younger and though he is a great out of the backfield he is not a guy who can be a WR on a regular basis. Too small. He is also quick but not fast. His short legs makes his top speed limited. We need a harvin/desean Jackson(but better) type of guy.

Yea, we need to get another RB to help warm our long RB bench.

I don't recall ever having seen Sprolesy being run down from behind.

Yea, we need to get another RB to help warm our long RB bench.

I don't recall ever having seen Sprolesy being run down from behind.

First I don't think we need a RB. Austin is a WR, and a damn good one.

Second, Sproles is super quick but on KR and PR he does get ran down. Also on longer runs. He does not have long speed. If that makes since.

I just want the BPA. I think we have the LBers to make this thing work.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I've had an epiphany...

You can't pass up on a guy that could be the next Lawrence Taylor. Especially if ur a 3-4 team. The good part about it is if we reach for a guy at least it doesn't cost us a trade to move up and get him. Its like having foresight.

With that being said im going back to go and look@ what i can on Jamie Collins. If we grabbed him@ 14 and he goes on to have 12-14 sacks his rookie year.........NO ONE and i absoloutely mean NO ONE is going to say he was a reach.

He got moved by Mayock up to #2 for OLB's. If Dion Jordan is gone then the only other person i would take next is Collins and he will most likely be there. The two traits i said i want in this league right now are a guy that Can rush the passer/and cover. Collins is a former Safety that can rush the passer like Aldon Smith...in a OLB body. His game tape as far as scouts are concerned back up his measurables. If there was anyway to make a splash in the 1st round without trading back it would be to take this guy. It excites the fanbase..etc etc. ITs like the Reggie Bush pick but on Defense.

Ok im done

I've had an epiphany...

You can't pass up on a guy that could be the next Lawrence Taylor. Especially if ur a 3-4 team. The good part about it is if we reach for a guy at least it doesn't cost us a trade to move up and get him. Its like having foresight.

With that being said im going back to go and look@ what i can on Jamie Collins. If we grabbed him@ 14 and he goes on to have 12-14 sacks his rookie year.........NO ONE and i absoloutely mean NO ONE is going to say he was a reach.

He got moved by Mayock up to #2 for OLB's. If Dion Jordan is gone then the only other person i would take next is Collins and he will most likely be there. The two traits i said i want in this league right now are a guy that Can rush the passer/and cover. Collins is a former Safety that can rush the passer like Aldon Smith...in a OLB body. His game tape as far as scouts are concerned back up his measurables. If there was anyway to make a splash in the 1st round without trading back it would be to take this guy. It excites the fanbase..etc etc. ITs like the Reggie Bush pick but on Defense.

Ok im done
I'm not sure Collins fits in at #15, in the recent thread about him, I wrote what I think about him. I would say take a look at Carradine. Dude gets after it and is better than Werner. That ACL is the only thing holding him back. I've spend about an hour today looking at him and dude is for real. I question if he's a 4-3 end or not, but I think he can be good in space. On top of that, how often does Ware drop into coverage? The more I watch him, the more I like him. I still have a lot of work to do on the player though. I need to make sure I'm not making a snap judgement and use a large sample to form an opinion on him. I get the feeling the closer we get to the draft, the more people are going to start talking about him, especially if he is able to workout before the draft and that ACL checks out.

I'm holding out hope for Sheldon Richardson
Man, I think that dude is gone when we pick. He's a freak. I think the guy could play DE in a 4-3 to be honest, he's that dang explosive. I'd tell this guy to pick and gap and shoot it. See quarterback, hit quarterback. Love his motor also. With coaching this guy could straight dominate the league. 3-4/4-3, I don't care, just put him on the shoulder of a guard and tell him to do what he does best. #lovefestover

I'm holding out hope for Sheldon Richardson

Same. Definitely my favorite prospect in the draft. Surprisingly I've seen a few mocks that have him falling past the Saints, which shows that there is some mixed opinion on him - at least among the internet scouting community.

Would be really surprised if he falls out of the top 10 though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom