Draft Daddy updates (1 Viewer)

IPierre Thomas moves into the Aaron Stecker role, Turner moves into the Deuce role, and Reggie's just Reggie.

I was about to make fun of this thread with a typical sarcastic post....but after reading this I must admit the move would almost make sense.

We don't need Michael Turner at all.

I doubt the Saints will even look at Michael Turner.

People on here talk about we need defense we need defense, but then say we should get a RB. We are deep at RB.

We already have a gang of money tied up in the RB position, whether Deuce gets cut or not doesn't matter.

We can get some good defensive players for the money we would spend on Turner.

It's not smart to get this guy.

we are not deep at RB.

we have deuce mcallister who once was a sure thing at RB, but now hes coming off 2 surgically repaired knees, plus hes also getting close to the wrong side of 30.

we have reggie bush who is still a project, i personally think he will be fine with a better offensive line adjustment. because reggie is literally used all over the field, we will always need a #2 full time RB on this team.

we have pierre thomas, who in limited time showed some signs that he could be a starter, but we still do not know much about the kid.

after that its out the window, stecker did not impress me this past season, and i think he'll be let go.

same deal for WR, we could use alot of help there.

We have nothing at the RB position. PT had one good game at the end of the season on his home turf in front of his family. Reggie can't run the ball as an every down back.....da. All these chances you guys wanna take.... wow.

We have the fourth largest cap room. thats $39.2 million dollars. We're not talking about Samuel or Briggs here. Lets see, the Saints are looking at two BROKEN lb's. We have a CB coming off of major surgery. A RB coming off of major surgery. Lets just call the hospital and acquire a few more bodies to put on the field while we're at it.

I have faith in our team and players but the gambling really needs to stop or we'll be right back here wishing again next season.

I was about to make fun of this thread with a typical sarcastic post....but after reading this I must admit the move would almost make sense.

Well, they're talking about it in terms of Deuce's recovery not going well... and him ultimately being gone.

Aaron Stecker is set to become an UFA...

...and the Saints offense was the best in the entire league when we had Deuce, Reggie, and Steck.

I have to think Michael Turner, Reggie, and Pierre Thomas would be pretty close to that... maybe even (dare I say) better... as a group.

If Deuce is unhealthy then Turner would be my first choice for us to go after. He is a perfect compliment to Reggie. He runs like young Deuce, but faster and with better hands. Unfortunately as LT's backup he's had a torrid time in SD.

I hope we keep Deuce somehow though. I would love him as our RBs coach, but I don't see that for 2-3 more years.

We don't need Michael Turner at all.

I doubt the Saints will even look at Michael Turner.

People on here talk about we need defense we need defense, but then say we should get a RB. We are deep at RB.

We already have a gang of money tied up in the RB position, whether Deuce gets cut or not doesn't matter.

We can get some good defensive players for the money we would spend on Turner.

It's not smart to get this guy.

We are 39 mil. under the cap. We can sign Turner without worrying about money for defense. Just because we need defense doesn't mean we should completely ignore the rest of the team.

For the record, I'd be happier if we signed Michael Turner than if we signed Asante Samuel. Turner would help our team more IMHO.

Not sure I completely agree with that. The way this offense runs and knowing how Drew could care less what the name on the back of the jersey says, IMO, this offense would run very similarly with all studs or all average WR's. If T. Copper started for us, I think he would put up equal numbers to someone like Patten, which definately devalues the WR's we go after.

Now, RB's are totally different. We have Deuce with 2 major knee problems, Reggie, who hasn't shown to be a true tailback yet(unproven) and an undrafted rookie who looked ok most of the year and great the last game..............the Bears were done at that point, so draw your own opinion on how hard they played. If you're going by what we KNOW FOR SURE, you could say RB is our biggest need behind CB as of right now.

Micheal Turner, Crumpler and a stud OLmen(draft or FA) would make this offense great and leave us with all of our draft picks and would also leave us with the ability to add 1 playmaker on D through FA. With the depth on defense this year in the draft, we could easily fill out 3 positions with starters throught the draft.

Micheal Turner
Alge Crumpler
Asante Samuel
1. Clady(RT)
2. Lofton/Mayo(MLB)
3. Sims(DT)
4-7. best available

This would make us legit superbowl Contenders IMO.

Michael Turner would be a GREAT pick-up for this team. If you think otherwise you are delusional. Deuce is not what he once was, Reggie is not a real RB (as in we won't be lining him up in the backfield 25 times a game and handing off to him), and PT looked good in the time he had, but could have just been a flash in the pan.

imo, picking up Turner would be huge!

The depth chart would look like: Turner-Bush-Thomas-Deuce

Deuce WILL be a Saint next year because he's too cap-unfriendly to cut...so give him additional time to heal and extend his usefulness by limiting his snaps early on. Let Turner carry the load early on and then have a fresh (and hopefully healthy) Deuce lay some wood second half of the season (and on into the playoffs). Plus, they are both big bruisers who will wear down the defense but have differing-enough play styles to keep them honest when pre-game planning. Also, it would allow the Saints to utilize their full RB bench each game (and they'd really need to since quite a few bucks will be invested there).

Reggie hopefully goes back to being used the way he was rookie year...

Finally, Pierre can step into the Stecker role as special teams guy/third-down RB. Thile there may be doubts about Pierre being bulky enough to be a full-time #1 RB, he certainly looks ready enough to step into Steck's traditional #3/special teams role. Plus, Steck's pricey and his trade value has never been higher after the end of last year...maybe he can be dealt?

To me, the acquisition of Turner could actually be the biggest splash the Saints make in FA since so much of the "ready to play" defensive talent is not available to not worth the price.

. If you're going by what we KNOW FOR SURE, you could say RB is our biggest need behind CB as of right now.

So if we can't get Michael Turner, you would be cool with us drafting a RB in the 2nd round after a CB in the 1st?

imo, picking up Turner would be huge!

The depth chart would look like: Turner-Bush-Thomas-Deuce

Deuce WILL be a Saint next year because he's too cap-unfriendly to cut...so give him additional time to heal and extend his usefulness by limiting his snaps early on. Let Turner carry the load early on and then have a fresh (and hopefully healthy) Deuce lay some wood second half of the season (and on into the playoffs). Plus, they are both big bruisers who will wear down the defense but have differing-enough play styles to keep them honest when pre-game planning. Also, it would allow the Saints to utilize their full RB bench each game (and they'd really need to since quite a few bucks will be invested there).

Reggie hopefully goes back to being used the way he was rookie year...

Finally, Pierre can step into the Stecker role as special teams guy/third-down RB. Thile there may be doubts about Pierre being bulky enough to be a full-time #1 RB, he certainly looks ready enough to step into Steck's traditional #3/special teams role. Plus, Steck's pricey and his trade value has never been higher after the end of last year...maybe he can be dealt?

To me, the acquisition of Turner could actually be the biggest splash the Saints make in FA since so much of the "ready to play" defensive talent is not available to not worth the price.

I like most of your post, but Reggie will always be in the game on 3rd down!!!!!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong... which I'm sure some will do even if I'm right... but wouldn't a 235lb between-the-tackles power RB actually help our defense?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom