Draft Daddy updates (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
They have people at the combine and are posting information. I ran across this a couple of minutes ago.

"Mike Turner's (Chargers tailback) people are not happy here in Indy. Apparently his agent has been told precisely what I expected -- the draft is loaded with tailbacks and teams in dire need at running back will draft one. The one team that might be his buyer is New Orleans, because Deuce's recovery has hit some snags, according to their trainers. The Steelers like Turner alot, but they don't like the numbers he is looking for. Arizona, reportedly, loves him but can't afford to even buy groceries on their cap. They just had to cut three players to get a little wiggle room."

they also have a lot of other interesting news if you want to read.

http://www.draftdaddy.com/blog/nfldraft.cfm

(Note: They stated Quentin Groves is really causing a stir. "He met with 49ers' head coach Mike Nolan and told him your going to be sorry you traded the 7th pick for Staley after I run a 4.4 forty!" The site said if he ran that he would be a top ten pick. If he does jump that high maybe it would push down one of the DT to the Saints)

Last edited:
Ooooof! That would be tempting, but I'm still holding out for DOOOOCE even though I do have to come to the realization that his time is running out. Turner would be nice.

Turner to the Saints.....I didn't see that one coming. Hmmmmm......

Thanks for the link btw!

Michael Turner is a freakin BEAST fellas... If Deuce can't make it back, and we could get Turner, we'd be extremely solid at RB. Turner is a tough inside runner, and also has the ability to break a long one at any time.

anyone know anything about groves? while im not jumping for joy with a DE at 10, we could use help at any position on defense..

anyone know anything about groves? while im not jumping for joy with a DE at 10, we could use help at any position on defense..

He had some trouble with a toe injury I think last season, but when 100% healthy, this dude is an absolute FREAK as a pass-rusher off the edge. I think he'll shoot up draft boards after his combine numbers show. He could possibly play OLB in a 3-4 and maybe even a 4-3

Now you guys hadn't read of this guy shacking loose already? Its been said a few times that he'd be a nice option for a REAL power back.

A move like this could put Reggie back into the fold similar to his rookie year. I love #26 to death. His is the only jersey that I own... enough said? But we can't endure another season like last. Didn't we just have a post on this subject? Read a few threads down with the poll. The option for our next 1000+ yd. rusher isn't on the team now.

Wow

You all still remember we have a guy by the name of Pierre Thomas right?

Now you guys hadn't read of this guy shacking loose already? Its been said a few times that he'd be a nice option for a REAL power back.

A move like this could put Reggie back into the fold similar to his rookie year. I love #26 to death. His is the only jersey that I own... enough said? But we can't endure another season like last. Didn't we just have a post on this subject? Read a few threads down with the poll. The option for our next 1000+ yd. rusher isn't on the team now.

Like I said Turner is a BEAST... and I'd be stoked if got him. The only bad thing is, it would spell the end for Deuce as a Saint.

Wow

You all still remember we have a guy by the name of Pierre Thomas right?

I love PT, and he's not going anywhere...

but, a 5'10, 235lb Michael Turner would be a better power/pound the ball type of option than the 5'11, 210lb PT.

Pierre Thomas moves into the Aaron Stecker role, Turner moves into the Deuce role, and Reggie's just Reggie.

The Lions would be a good fit for Turner.

We don't need Michael Turner at all.

I doubt the Saints will even look at Michael Turner.

People on here talk about we need defense we need defense, but then say we should get a RB. We are deep at RB.

We already have a gang of money tied up in the RB position, whether Deuce gets cut or not doesn't matter.

We can get some good defensive players for the money we would spend on Turner.

It's not smart to get this guy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom