Draft Daddy's 1st round mock draft (1 Viewer)

Wow. Talk about reaching.

Ellis will never fall to 10, or even 8. Conner or Cromartie will never rise above 10. The Ravens are believed to want a QB in the first round.

At any rate, 1 guess is as good as another. I'm sure there will be a lot of surprises in the draft that we could never have guessed.

The only way Ellis drops out of the top 5, is if he gets injured somehow before the draft. Or if he gets arrested for something. Other than something like that, we'd heve to trade up to get that man. I think he goes to one of the teams in the top 3. I dont think he'll get passed the Raiders.

i remember paul poszluszny

just look at her Devensive Line

some guys on this board said dan connor is one of many , nothing special .... and i agree at it , based on the thing i saw from him.

and the college defensive player of the year was dorsey :dunno :dunno :dunno

Actually, Dorsey was "Best Defensive Player", Connor was "Defensive Player of the Year."
http://www.drafthelp.com/CFA_DefensivePOYAwards.htm

Pozluszney actually had more tackles than the beloved Patrick Willis the first 2 games of the year (22-19). Poz got hurt in game 3.

Actually, Dorsey was "Best Defensive Player", Connor was "Defensive Player of the Year."
http://www.drafthelp.com/CFA_DefensivePOYAwards.htm

Pozluszney actually had more tackles than the beloved Patrick Willis the first 2 games of the year (22-19). Poz got hurt in game 3.

more tackles in TWO games ? ZOMG ! you are right..... connor is a top 5 pick , because posluszny , who was picked in the 2nd round had more tackles for two games than willis who was a mid first rounder... great logic.

if they came up out all last year.... connor would be far behind piece of work and especially willis. why reach for a middle of the pack player just because the top of the LBs this year is weak ? ....i dont buy alle the Penn St. LB-Hype nearly every year. it seems to be obvious that someone MUST go in round 1 at least....

again , i can´t see what connor makes to be a top 5 player. than we can pick talib with the 10th , i would have a better feeling after a team picked connor in the to 5

more tackles in TWO games ? ZOMG ! you are right..... connor is a top 5 pick , because posluszny , who was picked in the 2nd round had more tackles for two games than willis who was a mid first rounder... great logic.

if they came up out all last year.... connor would be far behind piece of work and especially willis. why reach for a middle of the pack player just because the top of the LBs this year is weak ? ....i dont buy alle the Penn St. LB-Hype nearly every year. it seems to be obvious that someone MUST go in round 1 at least....

again , i can´t see what connor makes to be a top 5 player. than we can pick talib with the 10th , i would have a better feeling after a team picked connor in the to 5

Watch more football. And not just SEC football.

Mayock has Connor ranked as best OLB in the draft. Many have stated for awhile now that Connor may even be better than Poz. He broke Poz's career tackle record at PSU.

http://www.saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60204

I was merely comparing Poz's production to Willis's using the only fair comparison possible due to Poz's untimely injury (broken arm.) Head to head, during that timeframe, he outproduced Willis. Sorry for citing statistics:dunno:

There's a reason they call PSU "Linebacker U", you know....

Last edited:
Noone knows if Conner could be as good as Patrick Willis, or Putz. Every year we downplay prospects as "not as good as so and so in last years draft" and every year that draft puts out several top players. This year is no different. Players are downtalked as not being as good as years past. In reality we have no idea. I'm not a Conner fan, but for all I know he could blow up in the NFL.

Noone knows if Conner could be as good as Patrick Willis, or Putz. Every year we downplay prospects as "not as good as so and so in last years draft" and every year that draft puts out several top players. This year is no different. Players are downtalked as not being as good as years past. In reality we have no idea. I'm not a Conner fan, but for all I know he could blow up in the NFL.

Good point. I for one was annoyed when the Steelers took Timmons in the 1st round last year - he was outplayed all year by Woodley, their 2nd round pick. :rant:

I'll say it again for you Dave, because you keep refering to Ellis. Glad you think that mock is so great, or realistic, or whatever; but I think a few picks are bit rediculous. Mainly the Harvey and Rodgers-Cromartie picks as well as C Long going first. Would you address those since you are so determined to defend this mock draft?

Thanks

I'll say it again for you Dave, because you keep refering to Ellis. Glad you think that mock is so great, or realistic, or whatever; but I think a few picks are bit rediculous. Mainly the Harvey and Rodgers-Cromartie picks as well as C Long going first. Would you address those since you are so determined to defend this mock draft?

Thanks
as far as c. long goes, he would be my top rated player in this year's draft, followed (very closely) by dorsey and ellis... whoever gets long will have an exceptional talent who is high character and high motor

Thanks
I never said the mock draft was great, but I do think it as realistic as many other mock drafts. The reason I posted it was because it is a possible scenario where either Ellis or Dorsey falls. Either one might not fall to #10 because personally I think someone would trade up if they did.

Did you not read the other posts I made in this thread? They directly address the questions you keep repeating. A quick recap:

Chris Long is the better fit for Miami because he would be a great DE in the 3-4 whereas Dorsey would be a better 4-3 DT IMO. Dorsey doesn't fit as a NT in the 3-4 and if he played DE in the 3-4 it wouldn't be using his strenghts IMO.

Mike Detillier has Harvey going at #9 to the Bengals. This mock draft has him going #6 to the Jets. You can switch him and Gholston because the bothe run 3-4 defenses and they both need OLB who can rush the passer.

Cromartie could very well be the top CB after the combine or he might not. Either way whether the Ravens are running the 3-4 or not I doubt they would be picking another DT since the drafted Ngata at #12 in 2006.

My overall point is there are 4-5 teams that will be running the 3-4 defense(Miami, Jets, Patriots, Ravens, Bengals) int the top 10 picks of the draft. When you also throw in the highly rated offensive players like McFadden, Jake Long, Matt Ryan it seems to increase the chances of either Dorsey or Ellis falling.

I'll let the experts chime in on this one, but from what I know both Ellis and Dorsey fit better as DTs in a 4-3 defense rather than a DT or a DE in a 3-4 defense. From the limited knowledge I have about one gap and two gap schemes, normally the defensive lineman in the 3-4 have 2 gap responsibility. Frequently DT in the 4-3 have one gap responsibility.

ESPN's draft profile on Ellis talks about him being at his best in a one-gap scheme. It also say that he is undersized and he lacks ideal height and bulk. It says that he isn't a good fit for schemes that require two-gap responsibility. They say Ellis plays with a narrow base and will get overwhelmed by bigger blockers. The also talk about how he struggles to anchor when teams run at him and he really needs to be on the move in order to be successful.

ESPN's profile on Dorsey talks about him being a one-gap DT prospect with very good quickness. They say Dorsey also lacks ideal bulk and he needs to be on the move to be effective. They also talk about how he doesn't show the base to anchor against the bigger interior offensive linemen when teams run at him.

I could be wrong, but it seems that both Dorsey and Ellis are better suited for DT in the 4-3. There are 4-5 teams that run the 3-4 in the top 10 picks of the draft. There are 3 highly rated offensive players. Those factors may mean that there is a chance that Dorsey or Ellis fall in the draft.

Watch more football. And not just SEC football.

Mayock has Connor ranked as best OLB in the draft. Many have stated for awhile now that Connor may even be better than Poz. He broke Poz's career tackle record at PSU.

http://www.saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60204

I was merely comparing Poz's production to Willis's using the only fair comparison possible due to Poz's untimely injury (broken arm.) Head to head, during that timeframe, he outproduced Willis. Sorry for citing statistics:dunno:

There's a reason they call PSU "Linebacker U", you know....

@ college football / SEC football.... uhhmm no. i dont pay extra money , the nfl is expensive enough
@ mayock : yeah but i can see him falling late. as i remember right , last year he had PUS ranked above beason until one or two months before the draft .... than he ballooned him over all other LB ( but willis ) . same can happen .
mayock also ranked cutler as his best QB project but leinart and young went before him....
@ tackler rekord.... in laurinatis you can see the tackling stat , especially in college is overrated .... alfred fincher was a tacklingmashine with his college team ,too
@ PUS over Willis .... so i use your phrase : Watch more Football
@ Linebacker-U : hmm let me think of it.

Pusluszny
Lavar Arrington
Brandon Short.
Terry Killens
Eric Ravotti
Rob Holmberg
Mark D´Onofrio
Andre Powell
Keith Goganious
Andre Collins

i stop here.... these are all LBs drafted from Penn ST. the last 17 years....i cant see ONE Great thing. Pusluszny can be .... but i doubt it.

so i see your argument .... ya know :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom