Draft date and time (1 Viewer)

Boondock Saint

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I thought they were going to change the day, time and form. I have found the date a few weeks ago and it said it was the 26th and 27th. Sat and Sunday, but I thought they said it was going to prime time on Friday night being round 1 and 2.

I thought they were going to change the day, time and form. I have found the date a few weeks ago and it said it was the 26th and 27th. Sat and Sunday, but I thought they said it was going to prime time on Friday night being round 1 and 2.
Yeah, I heard that, too. I guess it will be next year. They still might only have Rounds 1&2 on Saturday and 3-7 on Sunday; but I'm not sure.:dunno:

They just shortened the time limit for the rounds, with talk of moving it to Friday. If they did decide to move it to Friday then i have to believe that will start next year.

First thought: I only remember them saying that they were going to shorten times between picks and put the 1st and 2nd rounds on the first day and the rest on the second day. I don't remember a change from Sat/Sun to Fri/Sat or anything like that... (Could be very wrong though)

Second thought. I remember that they announced this info at the same time that they announce moving the Pro-Bowl time and physical location to the SuperBowl site in 2009. At the Pro-Bowl they said that they have to finish out the contract with Hawaii before they make any changes and that Hawaii was "still being considered" which went against that news release. So they may have run into the same problem with the draft. Maybe they have a contract with the New York City Music Hall that keeps them from making changes yet? *shrug* Who knows...

"Anything new under the sun this NFL offseason?

The league tinkered with its format on draft weekend, and we'll get to see the changes put into effect when this year's pick-a-thon arrives April 26-27. For starters, only the first two rounds will be conducted on Saturday, with the draft starting three hours later, at 3 p.m. -- all the better to nudge the first two high-profile rounds into a prime-time finish for TV. Round 3 is now part of Sunday's schedule.

In a further attempt to streamline things, the NFL cut the time that teams have to make a first-round selection, from 15 to 10 minutes, and from 10 to seven minutes in the second round. That ensures that we'll never again have to suffer through a record six-hour and eight-minute first round, as we did in '07."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/don_banks/02/08/offseason.questions/1.html

They should make it like Fantasy Automatic drafts, with each team submitting lists of players to draft, and then the GMs could drink beer and smoke cigars.

No wait, that was Ditka's method, wasn't it...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom