Draft Day Poll for Ellis and/or Dorsey (1 Viewer)

Would you trade this year's first and third round picks to New England or Baltimore to draft Ellis o

• Ellis

Votes: 17 10.8%
  • Dorsey

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • Either

Votes: 52 33.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 41 26.1%

• Total voters
So no other player drafted in the top 10 can sell tickets????

Not like Dorsey could...

I say it's a coin flip. I don't think we are a player away from being in the super bowl, so the multiple picks might help us.

However a healthy Dorsey would be a thing to see. I don't know much about Ellis, but I'm guessing he would probably be the one available if we traded up. If he's close to Dorsey, that could be quite a sight.

However I know what a class act Dorsey is and his character, so I would probably trade to get Dorsey just cause he won every award known to man for his position and especially because of his leadership and impressive character traits. Let's face it, that kind of money will make a bunch of spoiled babies out of most 20ish yr olds. The Saints need that Dorsey type of player in the organization and not another NFL thug.

There is no way I would trade up. Let the process play out and if the right defensive player is not there at #10 I would be glad to make the safe pick and take the OT Clady. Brees had too many passes batted down and our running game ( Bush ) can use some help up front which also helps the defense to stay on the bench.

Dorsey would be a no brainer over Ellis for any team, NEVER MIND ONE THAT PLAYS IN LOUISIANA.

The pick at #10 gets paid #10 money period.

A cornerback and a defensive takle are in two entirely different pay scales.
You are going to pay more for a #10 DT than you are for a #10 CB, period.

Not to mention that the question was about trading up to get a defensive takle, which means picking at #3 or #4 (most likely Raiders' pick), which is even more money, period.

So we not only give up picks in the draft, we pay even more money for a position which we may or may not actually need, given the front four we currently have. Save the money for colston.... period.

If dorsey would not be from LSU how many of you would change your minds about him over ellis?
Dude, that card is sooo overplayed. Ellis played for a huge market media darling and Dorsey still managed to snag almost every defensive accolade this past year. Ellis wasn't even mentioned for half the things that Dorsey was up for. And let us not forget that, no matter how far down the totem pole he was, Dorsey was a Heisman candidate. So before you throw down your homer challenge, how about taking stock that nearly every fan base and draft analyst has Dorsey ranked higher than Ellis, not just the one that happens to be in LSU's state. Yes there are some people who have Ellis rated higher, but there are more that have Dorsey in the top 3.

How many Dt's picked in possibly the top 10 ever became Hall of Famers?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom