Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Which draft day format do you prefer?

The current one of a quicker prime time first round or the all day Saturday version where the first round seemed to take 6 hours?

I'm 80% for the prime time draft for a small part of me does miss the Saturday draft

Last edited:
I saw last night that the "experts" were talking way too much. Many times a team had sent in their pick and these guys would not stop talking. I am not watching to hear these guys, I am watching to see whom is selected!

pruitt1997

I didn't care for the coverge last night either and must have been watching the wrong network. All I want is:
1. Who is picking and how much time is left
2.Best players available
3.What that team needs, position need and best players available
4. who might be trying to trade with that team

That is actually a lot of stuff to provide within the 10-15 minutes yet we get all that other filler stuff

Def the way it is now

Although I wish they would change the format all together.

There is absolutely no reason the draft should last 3 days.

You can do it in at least 2 days.

Rounds 1-2 Friday

Rounds 3-7 Saturday

After round 2 the picks come flying in

To be honest in round 1 the picks dont take that long. It's Roger Goodell that takes so long to come to the podium.

I saw last night that the "experts" were talking way too much. Many times a team had sent in their pick and these guys would not stop talking. I am not watching to hear these guys, I am watching to see whom is selected!

pruitt1997
Not the experts holding it up, but the NFL/Goodell. The broadcasters cannot announce the picks.

I liked the previous format; just too much time between picks. Rounds 1-3 on Saturday, maybe 5 minutes to pick.

pruitt1997
Except for Kiper. I think someone told him to sit there and show off his hair

I didn't care for the coverge last night either and must have been watching the wrong network. All I want is:
1. Who is picking and how much time is left
2.Best players available
3.What that team needs, position need and best players available
4. who might be trying to trade with that team

That is actually a lot of stuff to provide within the 10-15 minutes yet we get all that other filler stuff
The tough part about that is, since the draft is such a big event, its content is geared towards the casual fan, to gain and keep interest of fringe viewers. If content was geared towards us high IQ fans, it wouldn't have enough viewers to be televised in today's world.

I think the absolute worst moment was when ESPN spent the entire segment after one guy was drafted, virtue signaling about domestic violence. Did not show one highlight of the player that was chosen. Ben Watson and Lance Moore pointed out on Twitter how ridiculous this was.

Def the way it is now

Although I wish they would change the format all together.

There is absolutely no reason the draft should last 3 days.

You can do it in at least 2 days.

Rounds 1-2 Friday

Rounds 3-7 Saturday

After round 2 the picks come flying in

To be honest in round 1 the picks dont take that long. It's Roger Goodell that takes so long to come to the podium.
These would be big improvements. I also hate how they don't even show a clock on Day 3.

Except for Kiper. I think someone told him to sit there and show off his hair
That was very noticable. I figured he was either mad at the other three guys about something, mad at the network, or pouting no one has made him a GM like the did with Mayock.

The tough part about that is, since the draft is such a big event, its content is geared towards the casual fan, to gain and keep interest of fringe viewers. If content was geared towards us high IQ fans, it wouldn't have enough viewers to be televised in today's world.

I think the absolute worst moment was when ESPN spent the entire segment after one guy was drafted, virtue signaling about domestic violence. Did not show one highlight of the player that was chosen. Ben Watson and Lance Moore pointed out on Twitter how ridiculous this was.

And that's why I think it was better when it was on Saturday and Sunday. By moving it to Prime Time during the week, it forced them to change the content to try to get ratings that justify having it at prime time during the week. So, they had to focus on stuff for casual fans.

To me, the draft used to be an event. I watched every round from Saturday to Sunday. Even if the Saints didn't have a First Round pick I would start watching early because 2nd and 3rd round picks would still be on Saturday. With only the 1st Round on Thursday and no Saints pick, I actually forgot the draft was on last night until about 10:00. But, as with everything in Roger's NFL, he sold out to corporate interests and sponsor to the detriment of the core NFL fans.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom