Draft Game (1 Viewer)

FootballLady

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
As we await the NFL Draft, I thought it might be fun to play a little game. Rather than present mock drafts, what if you listed three players that you would like the Saints to have drafted. Assume no trades up or down and try to be realistic. Limit it to three players, please.

"If the Saints finish the draft with players x, y, and z then I will be happy/consider it a successful draft."

For me, if they were to walk away with Kenneth Murray, Chase Claypool (he's 82nd overall on CBS' board), and A.J. Dillon, then I'd say they pretty well cleaned up.

And with Vega$$aint's Amendment:

1st Pick 3-player Cloud: K. Murray, Laviska Shenault, Kristian Fulton

Last edited:
How about we do it by pick. Make this thread 3 players for the 1st pick

As we await the NFL Draft, I thought it might be fun to play a little game. Rather than present mock drafts, what if you listed three players that you would like the Saints to have drafted. Assume no trades up or down and try to be realistic. Limit it to three players, please.

"If the Saints finish the draft with players x, y, and z then I will be happy/consider it a successful draft."

For me, if they were to walk away with Kenneth Murray, Chase Claypool (he's 82nd overall on CBS' board), and A.J. Dillon, then I'd say they pretty well cleaned up.

Id be very happy with that.

First round is way too early for Claypool. But in the third? Maybe even with a short trade-up? Definitely.

And Dillion is really impressive.

The best combination I’ve seen was:

Rd 1: Patrick Queen, LSU
Rd 3: Robert Hunt, ULL
Rd 4: KJ Hill, Ohio State

Three favs for round 1 are tough. I guess Jefferson falls off with the Sanders signing so I’d say:

1. CJ Henderson
2. Andrew Thomas
3. Patrick Queen

1) Wr's Claypool or Mims
2) Alex Highsmith DE
3) Logan Wilson ILB/OLB

So I went to First-Pick.com and did a quick draft. No Trades. This was what I came up with. I'd be happy with this...

R1 Queen,
R3 CEH
R4 Lynn Bowden

Don't feel compelled to list just the first three picks in their draft. Just three players you would like them to have drafted.

The Saints are in a really, really good spot with the current roster and where they’re picking. To me this class has about 30 prospects worth really flipping a lid for. Love the 3 I listed, and then there’s Epenesa, McKinney, a handful of corners and Jonathan Taylor that could be huge hits at 24.

I think in the last few drafts, you see a trend within the 20-something picks where some teams will reach for need and some teams will catch the fallers. I hope we are the team that will grab Montez Sweat type when he slips and not the draft Tytus Howard because we’re desperate type..

as for myself, I would love any of the top O-line guys, but don't think any of them fall to us. I would love Jerry Jeudy or Jordan Jefferson, but doubt either falls to us as well.

So my realistic 3 guys are

1. Jalen Reagor
2. Patrick Queen
3. Kenneth Murray

Round 1
LB Zack Baun, Wisconsin
LB Patrick Queen, LSU
WR Justin Jefferson, LSU

Round 3
WR Michael Pittman, USC
WR Chase Claypool, Notre Dame
LB Troy Dye, Oregon

Round 4
OL Netane Muti, Fresno State
OL Robert Hunt, ULL
OL Saahdiq Charles, LSU

Last edited:
LB - Zac Baun
WR - Denzel Mims
LB - Willie Gay

Alternates:

OL - Tristain Wirfts (any OL projected in top 30)
DB - Xavier McKinney
WR - Chase Claypool
RB - Jonathan Taylor

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom