Saints Draft grade from Detillier? (mod edit) (1 Viewer)

I heard Nick say on his podcast that the Saints hoped that Baun might take over MIKE and push Demario to WILL.

It seems like the training camp battle won't be between Baun and Werner directly, but whether Baun will be better at MIKE or Werner at WILL, since Davis is moveable.
I saw Payton's post draft conference.

He said that they see Werner competing for the WILL and he also said that Baun will continue working as a linebacker, not a pass rusher.

Not many details, I think it is too early to figure out the roles each of them will play.

I saw Payton's post draft conference.

He said that they see Werner competing for the WILL and he also said that Baun will continue working as a linebacker, not a pass rusher.

Not many details, I think it is too early to figure out the roles each of them will play.
I'll be the first to say I have no idea what the plan for Baun is. I wish there was some clarity about the role for this third round pick "who had a first round grade" (as the Saints like to remind us).

Can’t find a “grade” from him, per se, but he isn’t thrilled with it. Says nobody they drafted will compete for a starting spot this season, but doesn’t necessarily hate any of the picks.

I think Adebo will immediately compete for (and earn) a starting spot at boundary corner. He could’ve been a late first round pick.

Turner will be rotational for the first year. I predict 150 snaps, mostly spelling Jordan because he doesn’t have the speed or bend to beat LTs in the NFL right now. More of a power rusher.

Werner will also be rotational in year 1. I don’t foresee 100+ defensive snaps for him though. Likely special teams to start out.

Book won’t play obviously, barring some freak happenstances. *knock on wood*

Young and Baker will be practice squad to start out. Could see both of them filling in on the active roster this season when needed, then right back to PS. Baker is intriguing. Reminds me of Marquez Callaway
Cam Jordan plays the right side and faces RTs. Cam Jordan is 31, I sick of people acting like he is 36. He has 3 to 4 years of prime left, maybe more.

Cam Jordan plays the right side and faces RTs. Cam Jordan is 31, I sick of people acting like he is 36. He has 3 to 4 years of prime left, maybe more.
Actually he plays the left side, which goes against the RT

He plays the left side and faces right tackles. Nobody is calling him old. But he IS getting up there in age. Defensive ends rarely play into their late 30s, so it’s natural to find someone to fill and develop in his spot for when that day comes.
Also, when I said “he doesn’t have the speed or bend to beat NFL LTs right now,” I was talking about Turner, not Jordan. Which is why I think Turner will fit better at LDE (where Jordan is) as opposed to RDE

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom