Draft insight from Reiprish (1 Viewer)

Boccal

Very Banned
Reaction score
He was being interviewed this morning on Sports Radio Mobile and stated that the Saints will not select the BPA but will select the BPA that fits the Saints system. Also he added that the scouting dept. believes that the value in the draft starts at 30.

He was being interviewed this morning on Sports Radio Mobile and stated that the Saints will not select the BPA but will select the BPA that fits the Saints system. Also he added that the scouting dept. believes that the value in the draft starts at 30.

Sounds like an open invitation for trading back. This draft is pretty deep. This isn't really the year to not have a 2nd.

I would LOVE for Austin to fall to 15 and we get a chance totrade back to around 30 and pick up one, maybe 2 extra picks. San Fran maybe?

From Loomis the other day.

- Loomis did a good job of breaking down the concept of drafting the "best available player" vs. drafting for need.

"Usually when you're on the clock, it's not a matter of just one guy head and shoulders above anyone else," Loomis said. "There's usually two or three players with similar grades, and the players are all worthy of that pick. So that's when a position of need would come into play. Or a position of greater value. I think we would all say that pass rushers, corners, left tackles, quarterbacks, those are generally the more valued positions.

"But for the most part, yes, we're going to take the highest player graded on our board."

New Orleans Saints' Mickey Loomis plays coy with draft, but offers some noteworthy tidbits | NOLA.com

That is the philosophy of most teams. It makes no sense to draft a player who, though he may be technically the highest rated player on your board, does not fit your system. If we are going to a 3-4, why draft a player who is ill suited to that defense, though he may be a perfect fit for a 4-3.

That is the philosophy of most teams. It makes no sense to draft a player who, though he may be technically the highest rated player on your board, does not fit your system. If we are going to a 3-4, why draft a player who is ill suited to that defense, though he may be a perfect fit for a 4-3.

Aka Sheldon Richardson

I would LOVE for Austin to fall to 15 and we get a chance totrade back to around 30 and pick up one, maybe 2 extra picks. San Fran maybe?

I would trade with the 49ers in a heartbeat since it would either be #31 and #34 or #31, #60 and #74.

That would be a great trading partner for us. If there truely is no seperation in talent between a player at 15 and a player at 30, we would be crazy to stay put.

Sounds like an open invitation for trading back. This draft is pretty deep. This isn't really the year to not have a 2nd.

Loomis already said he is open to moving down as long as it is not too far. I think 30 or so is pretty far.

Loomis already said he is open to moving down as long as it is not too far. I think 30 or so is pretty far.

He made it sound like 8 up and 8 down was the rough range. At least of who he's focused on.

Vikings might be as far down as we'd move... but, we shall see.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom